How long did you wait for a 590 Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Mossberg 590 Pump Action' started by Flaman, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Dirks Diglet

Dirks Diglet .22LR

I placed my order on 21 Jan and it shipped last Wednesday, got to my dealers this Monday. The total wait was about 2 months and almost two weeks. I called buds a few weeks back just asking them the status on filling the orders and they said they had over 1000 pre orders and had only received a few hundred guns from Mossberg so far.

I recommend you get on the waiting list NOW as these are selling like hotcakes and it's best to get your place in line!
    Kadelic and Flaman like this.
  2. Flaman

Flaman .22LR

I'm beginning to feel like I should have just waited and not reserved one on Bud's website. These are flowing freely into local gun shops in Florida, but now it would cost me 10% of the sale price if I decided to cancel with Bud's to buy locally. Honestly, I'm a little pissed at Bud's... I emailed to ask what the average wait time for a Shockwave was running, but I got no response at all. I wasn't looking for an estimated delivery date, but no response isn't really acceptable. I'll continue to wait, but I'm pathologically impatient and.... my impatience is spiked knowing I could pick one up locally today.
  3. Jmm14534

Jmm14534 .410

Flaman - Just think about how happy you will be when it arrives:)
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Flaman likes this.
  4. Djcala

Djcala .410

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017 at 1:24 PM
    Flaman likes this.
  5. BloodyThumb

BloodyThumb Copper BB

To OP - 10 days from order to range. $399
    Flaman likes this.
  6. Bobster

Bobster .308 Supporter

Yup, Bud's is a bummer this time around. :( SS is a local (to me) company with stores in Longwood and Apopka. I bought a Glock 30 from them a while back...
    Flaman likes this.
  7. Flaman

Flaman .22LR

Well... I sort of understand... Bud's has had the shockwave on their website for quite some time. And many people, including me, weren't able to find other sources and wanted to secure their place in line. Bud's seemed like a safe bet, because according to their customer comments, they were at least shipping them out in small numbers. The shockwave is a really cool firearm at a really affordable price, so it's attracted a huge audience. I've read estimates that Bud's is sitting on anywhere from 1000-2000 orders, so it's just going to take some time for these orders to flush through. Hopefully Mossberg has ramped up production... which appears is the case, because even smaller retailers now have the shockwave in stock. Next time I won't be so damn impatient, but I've said that before.
  8. Bobster

Bobster .308 Supporter

I would have Bud's cancel the order due to lack of supply. Maybe they have just gotten too big for their britches? The following came from an Email a couple days ago. FL Gun Exchange number is (386) 304-9499 if you wanted to check stock. The background of the picture would appear to show stacks of them!

newshocky.JPG
    Flaman likes this.
  9. Flaman

Flaman .22LR

Appreciate the info Bobster! I'm already (almost) a month thru my wait, so it should only be a week or two more before I get it- so I'll hold on canceling for now. My impatience got me into this situation, so I've kind of learned a lesson here. I sorta agree about Bud's maybe getting too big for their britches. I used to be able to just call and talk to a concerned sales rep. No more...

I'm jealous man! How do you like it? Any plans for a light, or a case?
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 7:55 PM
  10. Kadelic

Kadelic .410 Supporter

Well, it appears my waiting period is over and I will not be getting a Shockwave. I just got an email from Bud's saying there is a problem with my order and to please call their customer service dept. The guy I spoke to said they were no longer shipping Shockwaves to Texas and Ohio because of concerned emails they've received from local dealers. Probably for the best due to the grey area in the law here in Texas. Oh well, they're refunding the funds to my credit card in full.
    carbinemike and Flaman like this.
  11. Flaman

Flaman .22LR

Dang! Sorry to hear that Kadelic! I didn't know that Ohio law was questionable, but I did read the Tx law, and if I lived in Tx, I probably would have taken a pass on the Shockwave anyway. Its really not worth the risk, given the ambiguity in the stare statutes. Now that you've got bitten by the short barrel bug, do you plan on getting a short barrel shotgun that is legal where you live?

I checked Bud's website this morning and the last person who left feedback states that he ordered a Shockwave on Feb 4th and just received it on April 25th. I'm sure the wait at Buds will be greatly reduced with Texas and Ohio buyers knocked out of the picture.
    Kadelic likes this.
  12. carbinemike

carbinemike Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

Sorry to hear it man...time to change the law.
    Kadelic likes this.
  13. Kadelic

Kadelic .410 Supporter

No plans at the moment. My 18.5" 500 already has the Shockwave Raptor grip on it. Anything shorter than 18" is illegal. I was going to put a stock back on the 500 if I got the 590 Shockwave but now I may just get a 20" 590 with a stock. Now that I'm getting my credit card refunded from Bud's I'm tempted to spend it on something else but a little voice in my head is telling me to wait a while and save the money outright instead of buying on credit. We'll see if I listen, lol.

Yes indeed it is!
  14. Ghmann

Ghmann .223

Sorry to throw this teaser in, but you guys that can legally own one, but might be on the fence, enjoy the video.