• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How long did you wait for a 590 Shockwave?

Congrats Flaman. Good news for Texans too.

Friday, May 19th, at 8:55 p.m. the Texas House Passed HB 1819, authored by Rep. Drew Springer (R-Muenster) with senate sponsor, Sen. Charles Perry (R-Lubbock) plus an amendment by Sen. Craig Estes (R-Wichita Falls).

The addition of the senate amendment caused HB1819 to be returned to the House for concurrence and HB 1819 with the amendment was accepted! The amendment will allow Texans to purchase this defensive shotgun.

Awesome! Great news for our Texas brothers and sisters! I'm not familiar with that bill. Did they change firearm definitions? Sure glad I got mine before all those Texans jump on the waiting list.

Texas HB 1819 was already proposed as a good change to further clairfy the use of suppressors in our State. However when the "gray" area came up with Shockwaves and TAC-14 "firearms" with 14" barrels, we were lucky that our Legislature was in session (in Texas they only meet each 2 years). Our good friends at the Texas State Rilfe association worked with Senator Craig Estes to ammend the bill to read: "unless the item is registered in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record maintained by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives or otherwise not subject to that registration requirementor unless the item is classified as a curio or relic by the United States Department of Justice..." So in short, if the BATFE says it doesn't need NFA restrictions, Texas will now say it doesn't need restrictions. Just another Title I "firearm" only needing a 4473. The good Governor is expected to sign it, without issue and it will go into effect (with other new Texas laws) on 1 September 2017. So, a few more months wait, but it should be a good Holiday sales boost for Texas LGS and owners! Detail about the bill can be found here (only facts, no fiction):
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=85R&Bill=HB1819

Texas HB 1819 was already proposed as a good change to further clairfy the use of suppressors in our State. However when the "gray" area came up with Shockwaves and TAC-14 "firearms" with 14" barrels, we were lucky that our Legislature was in session (in Texas they only meet each 2 years). Our good friends at the Texas State Rilfe association worked with Senator Craig Estes to ammend the bill to read: "unless the item is registered in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record maintained by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives or otherwise not subject to that registration requirementor unless the item is classified as a curio or relic by the United States Department of Justice..." So in short, if the BATFE says it doesn't need NFA restrictions, Texas will now say it doesn't need restrictions. Just another Title I "firearm" only needing a 4473. The good Governor is expected to sign it, without issue and it will go into effect (with other new Texas laws) on 1 September 2017. So, a few more months wait, but it should be a good Holiday sales boost for Texas LGS and owners! Detail about the bill can be found here (only facts, no fiction):
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=85R&Bill=HB1819

Wow! Congratulations!!!!
State government actually working FOR the people... what a unique concept! As an ultra-right conservative, the only two states I could ever live in would be Florida or Texas.

I'm really impressed! The only thing I really don't care for is the front strap; as others have complained... the melted ends of the strap are sharp; I may swap out the forearm with a Magpul. Otherwise this is the best home defense weapon available for +/- $400

upload_2017-5-23_20-14-14.png upload_2017-5-23_20-14-50.png

Attachments

• Shockwave 2.JPG
    Shockwave 2.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 7
Here is another 590 Shockwave. She came from Mossberg with factory sling swivel mounts on the front magazine cap and the end of the Shockwave grip. Went with a combination look of both the old Ithaca 37 "Stakeout" guns used by the NYPD SOU in the 1970s and the Remington "Witness Protection" guns used by the U.S. Marshalls starting in the mid 1980s. Added: a sling-plate from GG&G, a high-visibility follower from S&J Hardware and a black M1 style sling from Ultimate Arms Gear. She works well in the Voodoo Tactical Breacher Scabbard too. I'll run the Aguila mini-shell Buckshot and Slugs with the OPSol mini-clip too.

Inspiration
Articles.jpg

Mini-Clip and Minishells
IMG_3635.jpg

Follower
Follower.jpg

Sling-plate
IMG_3633.jpg

Scabbard
Case2.jpg

Her Remington "Cousins"
Cousins.jpg

I talked to a LGS on Thursday. He said he had one coming in and I said I want it. I picked it up today....$390 out the door.
I ran a couple boxes of #4Buck and 00Buck as soon as I got home. The gun is sweet.
I want a scabbard, but I want one 22" long so the receiver and trigger are inside the scabbard...only the grip exposed. I have spent hours searching the web, and I can't find one. I wrote Voodoo, but have not heard back.

Hmm. All Bud's has to do is communicate and people will accept the news good or bad. No communication is the worst kind. On another note, I don't see what govt. is trying to accomplish with all these gun restrictions. England basically outlawed guns so now they have a stabbing problem. I wonder why. My gun took only a couple of weeks at most off of GB. Don't bother asking what it cost because it was not horrific and I buy what I want without justification at all. I seem to stay happier that way, ; )

Hmm. All Bud's has to do is communicate and people will accept the news good or bad. No communication is the worst kind. On another note, I don't see what govt. is trying to accomplish with all these gun restrictions. England basically outlawed guns so now they have a stabbing problem. I wonder why. My gun took only a couple of weeks at most off of GB. Don't bother asking what it cost because it was not horrific and I buy what I want without justification at all. I seem to stay happier that way, ; )

Yeah, I get mine Monday off of GB. It was a little pricey, but what the hell! Have had one on order since May with no response as to how much longer I would have to wait. I've had the few add-ons I've planned already purchased and received. So, next week will be fun! Just wondering if I really need a light on the fore end...

Waited five YEARS (-+0) for my .410 Shockwave. Was on and off the Bud's waiting list several times, but timing and funding was never "right" when they came in stock. FINALLY got the email saying they were in stock, the funds were in the bank, so I got one. I'm a happy camper.

Don't know when I'll get around to shooting it yet. Then again, I've got a Windham Weaponry 7.62x39 "virgin" sitting in a custom case since 2017. I gotta get out more often :wink:

Attachments

• WW_16.jpg
    WW_16.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 2
Back