• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How Many Mossberg's Do You Own?

Six as of this afternoon.

Stopped into a local reloading supply store at lunch today that also sells a few guns and they had an old 16ga model 500B that just came in on trade. Took it off their hands for $160 then immediately exited the premises before the police got after me for stealing it.

No serial numbers, so sorry @old mossy and @blacksmith no dating on this one other than knowing it's pre-68. Has the 28" mod choke barrel with original wood including the old rat tail forend. Receiver is not drilled/tapped and there is only one bar on the slide tube. Blueing is in impressive shape and there are only a few scratches on the stock. The jeweled bolt has some minor surface rust that shouldn't be an issue to remove. This thing has the smoothest action I've ever felt and still locks up tight as a drum. Had to get back to work, but I'll post up some pics this evening.

Guess I need to stop complaining about not finding any decent deals on used 500's around here...

Six as of this afternoon.
Stopped into a local reloading supply store at lunch today that also sells a few guns and they had an old 16ga model 500B that just came in on trade. Took it off their hands for $160 then immediately exited the premises before the police got after me for stealing it.
No serial numbers, so sorry @old mossy and @blacksmith no dating on this one other than knowing it's pre-68. Has the 28" mod choke barrel with original wood including the old rat tail forend. Receiver is not drilled/tapped and there is only one bar on the slide tube. Blueing is in impressive shape and there are only a few scratches on the stock. The jeweled bolt has some minor surface rust that shouldn't be an issue to remove. This thing has the smoothest action I've ever felt and still locks up tight as a drum. Had to get back to work, but I'll post up some pics this evening.
Guess I need to stop complaining about not finding any decent deals on used 500's around here...

Here it is, the new 16ga 500B...

For being manufactured somewhere between 1963-68, this thing is in exceptional condition. There are a few minor dings and some small spots of contact rust, but it'll clean up easy enough...

Oooooo....look at that wood! Very nice....
Congrats !!!!

Ain't it though!?

I still can't believe it's in this good a condition after all this time. Or, that I got it for so cheap. Must have seen very little use in the field and sat up in somebody's safe for a long time...

Thought the stock looked a little short, so I broke out the tape and the LOP measured 12.75". Fits me just about perfect...

Back