• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Howdy From Port Harcourt, Nigeria

gamboolman

Copper BB
Looking forward to participating in this forum.
We are Texans who live permanent resident in Nigeria working the offshore oilfields....
We have kept our home in Texas.
Hope to retire in a couple years...ish..... Then it will be Lakehouse, hunting, fishing, gardening and harassing my sweet wife full-time....

gamboolman & gamboolgal....

1MweIJn.jpg
1MweIJn.jpg

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum...from the Cradle of Liberty...Pennsylvania, USA, Earth !!

Enjoy our community...

Howdy and welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Interesting, I usually hammer ip addresses from Nigeria, mostly spammers. Yours came up as Texas... If you have any buddies join up from down there let me know, so I don't swing the hammer on em by accident.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions.

ripjack13

Thanks for the welcome.

Understand about ip addresses from Nigeria - it is a problem for us getting to some websites for sure.
Unfortunately, expats when compared to the locals - are in fact "rich"....but it does get tiring when a large percentage of the time you are asked for money.

When Ms. gamboolgal came over for her 1st time as a expat wife about 10 years ago - it was interesting watching her, just like all the new expats and especially new expat wives. They are all nice ladies and have good hearts..... They soon figure out that no matter how much money they give to folks - that it never ends and their is always a heartbreaking story which in many cases is true.....

Oh well, such is life for oilfield workers in places like West Africa, not just Nigeria...

Working and living in West Africa has made us both appreciate the USA so much. I get so aggravated at folks back home who really do not understand how blessed we as Americans are.

Having said that, the expat wives have a great deal...the ladies can and many do things everyday and/or evening, e.g., going out for lunches, dinners, expat community social events, shopping, etc. When Ms. gamboolgal is at our apartment in Lagos, while I am working in Port Harcourt....she has a personal trainer and works out everyday, a boxing coach but she does not spar - she just likes to train but she can hit hard haha....a dance instructor, her Driver and Steward....life is good for the wives. The young families have nannys in most cases....

For dad.....it is work work work 7 days per week........

...when I grow up I want to be a expat wife !

Thanks to all for the warm welcomes
gamboolman

Hey, gamboolguys. Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
Good to hear from you and I hope you enjoy your time here.

I just finished writing to one of your neighbors. He is some sort of royalty and just needed my bank account numbers so he could use them to hide a big inheritance. And I get to keep over a half a million. Whooho!

Keep in touch. If I ever get over to see him, I'd like to take you two out for dinner.
license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

Welcome from MI!

Welcome from Clovis, in Sunny Central California. If you are a rodeo fan you will know it.

There are many things that people must live with overseas that we (myself included) do not understand in America. Poor conditions, grinding poverty, untreated diseases and undrinkable water.

And that's just 25 miles from here in West Fresno! :confused:

So what's the shooting situation like over there? ... is it very regulated or is it pretty much the Wild West? How do you get ammunition? Do you have to belong to a club?

I just finished writing to one of your neighbors. He is some sort of royalty and just needed my bank account numbers so he could use them to hide a big inheritance. And I get to keep over a half a million. Whooho!

Keep in touch. If I ever get over to see him, I'd like to take you two out for dinner.
license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

Funny shit right there. Good post Sir.

Back