• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hunting 2019

Well cmcdonald, that's unfortunate, but at the end of the day, what's right is right. There will be another draw. Perhaps it will be more favorable.

I totally agree John. I wanna hunt and not have to worry about stepping on toes while I'm at it. I know not going won't change anything cuz ignorant schmucks masquerading as hunters will keep going in and pissing in the local's cornflakes because its technically public land and they have a license and a permit that says they can. But I don't have to participate.

I’m beyond ready for hunting season. Summer is just starting to heat up in So Cal, so I’m ready for cooler temps already. Everyday I look out over my back fence and see one of my hunt zones. Can’t wait to get up there for a few days this year and hopefully put some meat in the freezer.

I've had a lot going on and I haven't even checked my camera in a few weeks.

But last time that I did, I was getting some pictures of some decent deer.

Unfortunately, there is also a (new) momma bear and 2 cubs about the size of lapdogs that was in the frame so they'll be hanging out for a while, unless they feel unwelcome.

xbVoST4.jpg

I can count 11 points on this one. It may end up a 12 toward the end of the season this year.

bAo5is9.jpg

And while these two only an 8 pnts, both a pretty wide rack on him nonetheless and are going to be a beasts in a few years.

The top picture is one of Halo's offspring from 4 or 5 years ago
6YYnsYx.jpg

And I don't know who sired this one. Really healthy deer though, I'm glad to be seeing him regularly.
05wpq02.jpg

I'll try my luck later this week if all goes my way. Will grab tags for mule, whitetail and elk...season opens tmrw. Planning for 3-4 days, will see how it goes.

I know these aren't exactly hunting pictures, but I wanted to share a few pictures that I got recently.

The first is a fox squirrel. They are really rare here. I've only seen maybe 4 of them my entire life. One of which is mounted in my den. Well, this one is probably the strangest one that I have ever seen and I wanted to share it with you guys.

At the base of the tree that is on the left of the screen if you're having trouble spotting him.

wQcfZaA.jpg

I don't mind the foxes hanging around much. Or, the occasional pussy cat, as long as they don't start multiplying in large numbers. I'm just glad to see some things other than bears for a change. I think they might finally have the hint that the grass is always greener anywhere else.

e4qtmdG.jpg

9xN5hEy.jpg

Thanks meanstreak. I've been setting out a trail cam at least 8 months a year now since 2010. I've been blessed with probably 5000 pictures of critters in those years. I admit, the camera gets a lot more critters than I do.

But that's OK with me too. I get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Nice. I just checked mine for the first time since may. Had maybe 2 dozen pics or deer, a dozed of me walked out and checking the cam and over a 1000 of a branch blowing in the wind.

Been a slow year so far for me. Only spent 3 days (about 11 hours) hunting. Only saw a few small does, button buck and a few hen turkeys. For some reason I passed the first doe I saw; I should know better by now.

Have a trip planned next week to KY. Hopefully I can make something happen down there. This will be my first time deer hunting out of state and looking forward to it.

When I get back gun season in MI will be kicking off.

The choice was wait for the buck I been after or take the one God put in my sights ???? I had about .0005 milliseconds to decide in thick woods. Lots of horns still on Wall in den so 1111191043.jpg 1111191241.jpg 1111191036.jpg Fresh meat for the family freezer and some deer heart in the pan tonight was my choice. Great way to spend veterans day, one of my more enjoyable mornings in awhile.
Ps done with the rifled Mossy Artillery Piece:sniper:

I'm glad you got one.

I pulled the trigger on a 6 pointer yesterday but was unable to find it. You have no idea how disheartening and disgusted I am about it.

I'm glad you got one.

I pulled the trigger on a 6 pointer yesterday but was unable to find it. You have no idea how disheartening and disgusted I am about it.
Oh my friend John , I know the feeling all to well. I dont think I know a hunter with many seasons who doesnt know the feeling. I highly encourage a good verstile gun dog with tracking ability, or at least a number of someone with a tracking hound. But as ya know , tommorow is another day there are more deer get back on your pony friend.

I'm glad you got one.

Oh, I know the feeling and it sucks.

Sorry to hear. I've been seeing a few does and some small bucks. I saw a nice i point this morning but he was chasing a doe and he came and went before I could get a shot.

Yeah, the one I shot Saturday had 1 thing on his mind. And it wasn't being subtle about it. I had little time to put the bead where it went and pull the trigger. They're in full rut mode here right now.

Yeah, the one I shot Saturday had 1 thing on his mind. And it wasn't being subtle about it. I had little time to put the bead where it went and pull the trigger. They're in full rut mode here right now.
They jiggy here too losing their minds already1111191139_20191113201005962.jpg

@John A. Only a few hours after my last post I hit a really nice buck and did not recover it. It was at 180 yards but I thought it was 120 yards. Believe I hit low and only got leg. Tracked for a ways and my buddy saw the deer limping but otherwise healthy. We were severly off property at that point and could not pursue furthur.

I'm pretty confident he will survive but still feel horrible. As much as we know it can happen, it is bad when it does.

I keep replaying the shot in my head. I had a decent rest and several minutes to help calm my nerves. I just should have aimed a few inches higher.

Back