1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Hunting 2019

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by MikeD, Mar 15, 2019.

1. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I know what you mean. My shot was up close, so I probably hit a little high in all probability considering the rainbow trajectory.

My deer crossed over property lines too. I had permission to look where I was searching, but not to go further than I did because it turned into state animal preserve at that point.

And had I been seen dragging my deer from there, even though I didn't shoot it there, we both know how that would have ended.

I hate that it didn't work out, for either of us that time. And as much as it lays on my mind, I will be better because of it in the end.
  2. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

Thanksgiving Back home from Bama family all converged there. I had said I would take a doe while home if had the chance and hopefully do it with the flintlock smoothbore.
    Well things went slightly different than planned, on way to my old stand I spied about 4" diameter pine oozing fresh rub very fresh. So I just plopped down about 40 yds down the trail kinda in a brush pile on ground. I waited a full hour then went full crazy loud on the rattle bag, like excessive obnoxious about 3 minutes solid, then got real still and real aware. Maybe 5 minutes and here came 2 bucks a young fork first then this 10. I'm praying for clean ignition and true aim, not alot of time behind this no sight fowling piece yet, click-BOOM lots smoke can't see for 10 seconds. The lead slug flew true DOA, no doe this trip and the couple lazy folks who chose to stay in bed were a little sideways havin to come drag for ole cripple knee 1110191614.jpg :nutkick:
    fellmann and John A. like this.
  3. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator