• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Huskey Amentum Slider Sling

The sling arrived today...

Went with the Kryptek Typhon camo...

It came with two sets of triglides. Only needed one on each end to attach to my QD swivels in the front...

...and the rear of the stock...

The Amentum Slider glides smoothly over the strap for quick, effortless adjustment and transition...

A quick release of the front QD swivel and repairing with the IWC 2 to 1 point triglide...

...allows for a fast, easy transition to a single-point sling...

I have to say I'm impressed so far. This is an incredibly versatile set-up and a steal for the price they're charging. I'll report back with an update after I've had an opportunity to spend some quality range time with it over the next several weeks...

comfy and versatile, good combo. I really like my quick adjust, the only thing I see with that one that might be problematic for myself it the use of a closed loop for the slider.
On one hand I can see how it would work great, on the other when ever I have something like that it seems to always find something to hook on......like stuff you couldn't do if you tried usually happens to me on things that have hooks and loops.

Say you going hands free thick brush, do you think it releases easy enough to allow a branch or brush to release it ?

The QD swivels aren't that easy to disengage, so I don't foresee anything accidentally releasing those.

I suppose the slider could get hooked on something, but if I carry it hands free the slider is on my back at about elbow height. Any other time the loop is hooked on my forward thumb and out of the way...

oh yeah I am sold on the QD swivels, since I went with them I will never turn back.
I was thinking of the slider buckle more.....I always have crap luck , like pulling your pack off the floor board of your rig and the strap hooks the seat adjustment leaver , maybe if I were more organized lol

OK, educate the newb. what specific QD swivels am I after for this sling, where if you would, and what size. I think the sling would help with some of my shoulder issues (aging is NOT for weenies). Thanks. That's one slick gun.

These are the swivels pictured...

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Spike_s_Tactical_Heavy_Duty_Push_Button_Quick_Deta_p/sp-sla0660.htm

However, any swivel with at least a 1" oval loop will work. Only reason I'm using the Spikes versions is because I have a few that came on various Spikes quad-rails I've used for my rifles. Doesn't necessarily need to be QD unless you plan to add the IWC 2 to 1 triglide for transition into a single-point sling. I used QD on both ends so I can use it on multiple rifles with QD attachment points.

The link I posted is for the QD swivel only. There are several options out there for QD attachment points depending on what you're looking for and many of them will come with a QD swivel...

Damn! That is a badass sling!!! Great post and pictures LES - The Typhon print looks awesome, and the "Amentum" loop is very functional.

I couldn't tell from their site, but do know if they offer a QD Front and butt-stock strap for fixed stocks?

This is the one I have now, and it works great for me, but the added quick-adjustment would be a nice bonus (along with the badass Kryptek print :) )

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Gentlemen.

I ordered two more of these last night to set up on a couple different rifles, one in Kryptek Highlander and the other in ATACS FG.

I couldn't tell from their site, but do know if they offer a QD Front and butt-stock strap for fixed stocks?

Both ends of the sling come open ended, so you add whatever type hardware you want. I already had the QD swivels but they sell them as well as a few different types of hooks. Here's a link to their fixed stock adapter...

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/AA_huskey_fsa

...and here's a link to the hardware...

http://aresarmor.com/store/Category/tacsling

Awesome! Thank you LES
cheers.gif

The base price of the sling is pretty low while they are "on sale". That's encouraging. I like the apparent quality that I see, and I like the concept.

I do wonder how many hundreds of times they practiced and rehearsed and video'd those off-side transition moves before they got a good take. IMHO that is just not realistic that it all happens in less than a blink of an eye.

Would I buy one? Hell Yeah! How much do two decent QD swivels set me back?

I was wondering the same about the video.

There are a ton of QD swivels for sale on amazon starting at around $5 a piece, but if you go for a popular/reputable name brand they're in the $10-$15 each range. I just picked two up locally at $25 for the set. They happened to be Magpul, but those were all the shop had to offer. I'll spend a couple extra bucks to support a local business over going cheap on-line...

Got another package from Ares Armor today.

Two more Huskey Amentum slider slings, both set up with a 2 to 1 point triglide in the rear for easy conversion. One in A-TACS FG...

...and the other in Kryptek Highlander...

The SCAR doesn't have its own QD point up front, so I used a Magpul RSA-QD rail attachment point...

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG337/rails

I positioned this one over the top rail and I REALLY like the feel of it. This position keeps the swivel, triglide, and slider off of my hand and out of the way. The RSA-QD is designed for limited swivel rotation which keeps the sling from twisting. Gonna pick up a couple more of them and set up my other rifles with the QD point on the top rail as well...

30% off right now.....you still ok with these

thinking of the highlander to go with my rifle now and it looks padded ......wish crap came with the QD's man.....hate always adding that cost to a sling

Yes Sir, these are good to go.

I'm up to four of five of them now, I don't remember. Don't like having to add QD's either but these are worth it, especially for the sale price...

Back