• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

i been wanting to add a scope but

i was wanting to add a scope but I was thinking the end site would be in the way. A old man told me that I would not be able to see it. I was like its no way that im not going to see it. he told me to try it. so I added the scope and he was right I do not see the end sites on the gun looking thru the scope.scope on m4.jpg

Last edited:
The brain is an amazing thing to fill in the blurred area for us.

If it ever becomes a problem, a dremmel tool with a cutoff wheel will remove the ramp in no time. Else you can just replace it with a low profile block.

If it ever becomes a problem, a dremmel tool with a cutoff wheel will remove the ramp in no time. Else you can just replace it with a low profile block.

^Yup, that's what I'd do

If it looks to "redneck" for you after that, just throw a FF tube over it and save a few bucks on a lo pro gas block. If you do decide to go w/ a different gas block and have never done it before, pick up an extra gas tube and pin, you may need them. And if you end up not using them - trust me, this affliction/addiction we share, the "Black Rifle Plague", I promise you you'll be using it down the road at some point

i had to raise the scope up a inch so I could get to the bolt handle. I went to the range and adjusted the scope today and it did good at about 80 feet. we have a out door range but its just to hot to go to it.

i had to raise the scope up a inch so I could get to the bolt handle. I went to the range and adjusted the scope today and it did good at about 80 feet. we have a out door range but its just to hot to go to it.

^I have the same problem

I like to have my optics as close to the bore as possible and besides added difficulty of having a scope to maneuver around, I also suffer from a condition known as "sausage fingers." To get around that, I put an extended latch on all of my AR's. You can buy the whole ext. latch charging handle from any one of the many manufactures out there, but I usually just buy the latch and install it on the charging handles I already have. Don't get me wrong, I used them standard charging handles for years and managed just fine, but the extended latch just makes it that much easier for me.

I'm like FA556. Used standard charging handles for years.

But when I have a low scope on one, life is easier with an extended charging handle.

I've done well with the original badger latches, though I have recently started buying Strike Industries ARCH (AR Charging Handle) and have been rather content with them.

Also, the lower you can mount a scope relative to the bore of the barrel while keeping your cheekweld comfortable, the better.

I have a FAL that the scope is so low that I can't push the lens cap on it because there isn't enough room between the scope and the receiver cover.

Back