• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I finally bought a Mossberg 4x4 Bolt Action 30-06

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
p773693988-3.jpg

p541546523-3.jpg

p894922971-3.jpg

p887433878-3.jpg

p1003202592-3.jpg

p939424213-3.jpg

p672172518-3.jpg

p746649023-4.jpg

p1053011774-3.jpg

p559235489-3.jpg

2010 Mossberg 4x4 bolt action in Black Synthetic Stock with Redfield Revolution 3x9x50mm Scope and Leupold High Weaver Style Detachable Ring Mounts (55870 matte). The only issue with that combination is that you have to reverse the weaver mount on the Mossberg 4x4 bolt action otherwise the scope doesn't fit between the rings correctly. I ended up removing the ring mounts pictured above and replaced them with the leupold 50018 and 49903 setup. It works much better than before.

Its one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Its almost exactly what I'm wanting! Nicely done!

thanks, I think its perfect for what I was looking for! only thing I will be adding is a strap and a bipod setup but I am not sure which ones to get yet. any suggestions?

For slings I like the M1907 military slings. Bi-pods? I wouldnt know where to begin.

For a sling, I like Super Sling (that's the name) slings because they are so fast and easy to adjust. You can set them up for a shoulder mount, back mount or snug them up for a field carry by just sliding the adjustment coupler. They're not the cheapest sling out there (around 20-25 $'s) but they look great, they're super tough and are the fastest to adjust in the field. You can get them at most SG's stores and I've even seen them at a few, select Wal-Marts.

I'm sure that you will love your 4x4.

How do you like it so far? I recently received an invite to go bear hunting in New Hampshire and today I went down to my local GS and put in an order for a (#27675) 4x4 30-06 (Spur of the moment thing) I wasn't to keen on the black stock or laminated so i opted for the classic walnut.

However, when I just looked on Mossberg's site i saw the 100ATR with a Realtree camo stock.(same.30-06).I really like the camo stock look,but also like the walnut.(it's a carpenter thing) The 4x4 does not have a camo stock option, and i think a camo'd stock would be better for hunting. It makes me worry about the "shine" it will give off. I'm stumped....i need to make a decision soon because I'm calling back on Tuesday to verify the order. (or change it....) then I'm going to wait till july to buy it so i can take advantage of the promotion for a free gun case and binoculars deal.

So...
Camo stock 100ATR 30-06
or...
Classic walnut stock 4x4 30-06

Neither one I pick will have a scope, so I'm going to take my Bushnell and use it on it, and take my "New Trueglo" sight and put it on my 835...

it would be nice if if they offered a 4x4 in camo....does anyone know if that's going to happen in the future?

I would hands down go with the Mossberg 4x4! If you want to get it in camo just have the synthetic stock hydro dipped by Ammo Head Design.

aahh yes....great idea. i really was leaning towards the 4x4 too. and the black synth. stock is less money, so i can put the extra $$ towards the dip! thanx dan...

I'm going to wait till July 31st...Mossberg has a promo going on then.
Free gun case and bino's if you purchase any Mossberg 4x4, ATR or TREK Bolt-Action, Maverick
Bolt-Action, or 464™ Lever-Action Rifle from July 31 – October 30, 2011.
I told my local GS the news and he had no idea. so he's going to let the folks know when they come in to look at their stuff.

Awesome rifle Doc !!

And I like that cheek pad too...did you ever get a bipod for her ?!

Back