1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

I hate Aguila's Minishells

Discussion in 'Mossberg 590 Shockwave' started by pepi, Apr 13, 2018.

1. pepi

pepi .410

JUST BECAUSE I can't find them anywhere o_O Found a box yesterday ... They only had slugs :mad: The minishells are so cool to shoot. Does Aguila have a patent on the 1 3/4 shells? Looks like other companies would follow. Maybe I need to buy a cheap Lee reloader and mod it to load minishells LOL

Rant over :p
  2. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett 20g Supporter

Just some friendly advice, save your money and find yourself a good low recoil 2 3/4" buckshot load instead of betting your life on an underpowered shell that`s requires a rubber adaptor to function properly......I fired that last handful of mine the other day and that`s it.
    Sniffler likes this.
  3. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

I've never used them. Never really saw the point personally but everyone has their own likes and needs.
  4. Ernst

Ernst .410

I'll join the growing chorus against mini shells. I deal with potential encounters with bears, mountain lions and coyotes daily and will never trust my life to these types of shells or some rubber adapter gadget that might fall out. As I recommended in an earlier thread start with reduced recoil 2 3/4 " loads in your new SW and work yourself up to something that meets your anticipated threat needs. Everyone's needs differ so you must decide.

Strongly recommend you pattern your selected loads.

Just a side note to answer your other question. NSI makes "reduced" length 2 1/4" minibuck loads. I've never shot them and don't know if they will even cycle in a SW but they could be an alternative to aguila. But like aguila they are not cheap at just under a dollar a round if you can find them.

Regards
    Elbert Garrett likes this.
  5. Tom396

Tom396 .30-06

Bvhawk likes this.
  6. Tom396

Tom396 .30-06