• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I just must be lucky or something

BowerR64

.270 WIN
Well 300 rounds now threw my second 715T and so far so good. Now the first outing i had a few hickups the mag i think was a bit stiff hadnt had alot of rounds loaded threw it yet this is my third time tearing it down for cleaning and on its last outing 200 rounds we shot threw it didnt even skip a beat. We even tried a few mags rapid firing 2 full mags threw it and it didnt even flintch.

Either im just lucky and got 2 good ones or i know the right spots to sand and polish/buff to get it working smooth?

I pretty much did the same thing to this one as i did to my first one. Sanded some of the rought metal parts here and there. Then shot 100 rounds threw it cleaned it and sanded a polished a few more places i felt it might benifit from put 200 threw it and it seems like its breaking in just like the first one.

Im happy with them both. I wouldnt mind another one. :mrgreen:

maybe ill have to get the 702 ;)

good for you...you could not give me one...or tell me i need to do this or that to make a brand new anything work right. other than cleaning, NOTHING should need done for it to work correctly.

speedyquad said:
good for you...you could not give me one...or tell me i need to do this or that to make a brand new anything work right. other than cleaning, NOTHING should need done for it to work correctly.

I own more then one and believe me this isnt the first one ive done a little work to right from the box. Now i dont do this to $600. guns either, those i dont need to touch.

Hipoint, took a little work, jiminez took a little work, chiappa 1911 took a little work but i expected it because this are all inexpensive guns. None of them cost me more then $250. each.

Ill be honest these guns have suprised me, ive shot some pretty crappy ammo threw them figuring they would hang up but they didnt. Standard velocity ammo and it actually ran threw em fine.

Things often look worse on the internet than they are. People are much more apt to post when they have problems then when things work fine. It often makes it look like a model is much more problem plagued than it really is. ...Just my own personal observations.

Good to hear you have had good luck with yours.

Back