• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I may have to jump ship....

All valid reasons to have the tac14.

Edit to add, you won't be shunned here even if you do get a tac14. ;)

I’m a little late and haven’t read everything. Just got to the part about engraving. I’m fortunate to have a couple FFLs in our small town, one is a mile away and does engraving. I personally would rather pay for the tax stamp and engraving.

You are welcome to participate in every forum.

That's one of the best things about this forum. Look around and you'll see all sorts of guns. From old mausers to machineguns. Remingtons, Ithaca's and Winchesters too ;)

Good Lord you guys!

This is just another example of the false dichotomy.

Your choices are not just Remington versus Mossberg. You can choose Remington and Mossberg. Plus there will be others of the ilk soon.

Here's your chance to do side-by-side destruction tests!

It's absolutely wonderful to have choices and down the road hopefully competition will drive the prices down for both brands.

While looks are important to many I'd look more to user friendless and overall function of the weapon.

Which safety location do you like better?

Which slde release button and location better suits you?

There is a major difference in magazine loading mechanisms. Which is better for your style of shooting?

Are you a lefty or a rightly and which set of controls best fit the way you shoot?

Which is your dominant eye and does one weapon better suit your vision?

Most importantly, in my opinion, which gun are you more comfortable with in a life or death situation.

Choices are wonderful. It's only money so buy both and have fun.

Regards.

Good Lord you guys!

This is just another example of the false dichotomy.

Your choices are not just Remington versus Mossberg. You can choose Remington and Mossberg. Plus there will be others of the ilk soon.

Here's your chance to do side-by-side destruction tests!

This is entirely too true! Unfortunately, I dont have that many spare dollars LOL.

It's absolutely wonderful to have choices and down the road hopefully competition will drive the prices down for both brands.

While looks are important to many I'd look more to user friendless and overall function of the weapon.

Which safety location do you like better?

Which slde release button and location better suits you?

There is a major difference in magazine loading mechanisms. Which is better for your style of shooting?

Are you a lefty or a rightly and which set of controls best fit the way you shoot?

Which is your dominant eye and does one weapon better suit your vision?

Most importantly, in my opinion, which gun are you more comfortable with in a life or death situation.

Choices are wonderful. It's only money so buy both and have fun.

Regards.

These are all very valid questions and all the same ones i have asked myself.

1. The remington safety because thats what im used to training with and on a birdshead grip it makes hardly any difference being a lefty, where as when firing a shouldered shotgun, the remington safety location can be more difficult, but im used to it.

2. The remington. I prefer the forward location, partially because its what im used to training with.

3. The remington. I've run the gun in numerous trainingng situations and am totally fine with it. The mossberg does have some conveniences but thats pretty much the one advantage here.

4. Lefty, but shoot both left and right handed. as mentioned, safety location is the only thing that makes the mossy more ambi, and in the birdshead confirguration it doesnt matter.

5. Right eye. Doesnt make a difference in this situation.

6. Remington. Becuase i'm experienced with mine and would trust it with no hesitation. That being said, both the 500 sereies and the 870s are both proven by military and police forces world wide, I have no concern about the intrinsic ability or reability of either one.

My reasoning for wanting to jump ship is because I am now able to get exactly what I originally wanted, from the factory, that matches the way I already train and shoot :)

Still not sure what i'll do though. And if I sell my shockwave, not sure if i'll part it out or what.

Just an update, I have my dealer pretty much pre-ordering me a tac-14 hard wood as soon as they become available, their distributor lists them, just not in stock yet. My price is $399, so, theres "basically" only about a $25 difference.

Again, I'm going to consider that the average easily available price for a shockwave or tac 14 is $375. Yes, they can be had cheaper and perhaps I could get the hardwood cheaper, but you all get what im saying. There isnt any substantial price difference, especially considering it has a nordic extension and a nylon sling included.

Nordic extensions by themselves are pretty expensive if you buy one aftermarket.

Hmm, closer inspection it doesnt look like a nordic, that being said, about any decent +1 from midwayusa is $45-$55, so unless its a hunk of junk, i'm sure it would cost equally as much to put one on a tac-14 yourself.

You're right. Most extended mag tubes do start around $45

Which is stupid for a short piece of threaded tube and slightly longer spring.

I guess the manufacturers just squeeze as much profit as they know they can get by with because that's what the people in the market are willing to pay.

I tend to shop around for the best deal though. You can often find overstocks and clearance tubes for $25'ish if you're patient enough.

That all being said, I feel the price of the Tac-14 hardwood is actually pretty well in-line with the other offerings, so, the whole $499 MSRP thing isnt really a concern at this juncture.

No, the $399 price you said you were getting the gun for, is a very good price all things considered.

MSRP $500

That's steep for what it is.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but you can do a form 1 for a short barrel shotgun for less money and more useful because it can be shouldered.

870p-14in.png

So much LOL in this post.

I see that Mossberg is now making a 590 with a detachable magazine.

http://www.mossberg.com/new-590m-ma...xEt3EjOAhf8j0aIoxIwqm9tff2Y99g&_hsmi=60098640

I wonder how long it will take to get to the Shockwave (like the TAC-14)?

Guess I find this new tactical trend interesting with magazine offerings ranging from 5 to 20 rounds.

However, beyond the $140 price for a 20 round magazine the more important issue is probably the added weight. The magazine itself weights 1.7 lbs and adding 20 rounds of 00 buckshot is a little over 2 lbs. So you're adding almost 4 lbs to the basic weight of the gun.

Should be interesting.

Regards

Back