• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I ordered my MVP this morning

Awesome Hombre !!

Congrats...looking forward to the range report !!

Uncle Sam was good to me this year. He was generous with the refund and also very fast...less than a week turn around from file to deposit.

I have gotten other rifles and guns and they were just...you know...I needed them and got em and no big hooraw. But this one is one i have been gettin the vapors over...I am way too impatient to wait for anything when I want it.

Other guns I was considering were available locally for way less money but I did not take my second choice this time. I got the one I want. Now I am just beside myself waitin for the rifle to get here.

I will post pics and targets as soon as I can. I got ammo last week, as well as reloading components. I am range ready, but I haven't loaded any loads for accuracy yet because I haven't been able to fire form, or neck size yet. But I will brave the cold and shoot a few to see how it works.

Hopefully some unlucky coyote will venture forth into my crosshairs and I will have the makins of a new fur hat. I got a new scarf last week but had to return it 2 times because it was too tight.:rolleyes:

Congratulations all the way around.

It looks like a fantastic shooter.

Congratulations all the way around.

It looks like a fantastic shooter.

Thanks John. I have an idea I am going to like it. I know it is a heavy rifle. But I got it for coyotes and the bench. I have read almost all good reviews on this rifle. The only (if you can call it bad) bad reports are about magazines that wobble or don't lock in or just do not feed smoothly. When all else fails...there is always the "Red Green Problem Solving Solution for everything on this planet...Duct Tape."

You're gonna enjoy this rifle

I really think so too. I like my 308 and 3030, but they're expensive and can be brutal on the shoulder after a lot of shooting. 22LRs are so scarce I don't want to shoot them all up, so the .223/5.56 is right between the extremes and I can reload them cheap This should give me a lot more bench time before I start feelin the recoil fatigue. I have to drive about 30 miles to the outdoor range and if I have to drive that far I want to shoot.

I am lookin forward to blowin some smoke and makin bangbang.

I really think so too. I like my 308 and 3030, but they're expensive and can be brutal on the shoulder after a lot of shooting. 22LRs are so scarce I don't want to shoot them all up, so the .223/5.56 is right between the extremes and I can reload them cheap This should give me a lot more bench time before I start feelin the recoil fatigue. I have to drive about 30 miles to the outdoor range and if I have to drive that far I want to shoot.

My MVP has been such a great budget mid range bolt action precision rifle.

I'm taking it out to 300 yards this year.

4" gong at 200 has become almost too easy.

And that's with factory ammo. I'm sure you will clover leaf on the regular with reloads.

My MVP has been such a great budget mid range bolt action precision rifle.

I'm taking it out to 300 yards this year.

4" gong at 200 has become almost too easy.

And that's with factory ammo. I'm sure you will clover leaf on the regular with reloads.

That's what I am hoping for. I am shooting under an inch with the 308 and right at 1 inch with the 3030. But shooting more than 40 or 50 rounds wears me out. I hope I get this dialed in soon. I really want to hunt with it.

I have Winchester 94 in 30-30. I installed Limbsaver pad and now recoil is hardly noticeable.

I have Winchester 94 in 30-30. I installed Limbsaver pad and now recoil is hardly noticeable.

I have a limbsaver on my 3030 too and the recoil is pretty well tamed but it is expensive to just plink and target shoot with it. The MVP will cut costs by about half. And I don't shoot hundreds of rounds at a time anyway. But when I am targeting in a new rifle I will shoot about 50 rounds per session. With the 308 as well as the 3030 it isn't the pounding on the shoulder, it is the recoil fatigue...there is a difference.

I have a limbsaver on my 3030 too and the recoil is pretty well tamed but it is expensive to just plink and target shoot with it. The MVP will cut costs by about half. And I don't shoot hundreds of rounds at a time anyway. But when I am targeting in a new rifle I will shoot about 50 rounds per session. With the 308 as well as the 3030 it isn't the pounding on the shoulder, it is the recoil fatigue...there is a difference.
It cuts cost in half even without reloading

Back