• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I ordered my MVP this morning

No damage can be seen. I think if the 2 bullets would have met inside the barrel when I fired they may have done damage. But the first bullet went to within 4" of the muzzle. The second one went in about 8" from the chamber. I stuck a rod in the breech and felt the bullet, then I shoved it forward and felt it stop. That is when I discovered I had 2 bullets in there.

After I got them out I scrubbed the bore and there is no sign of any damage. No discoloration and no bulges. Next time I shoot it I will know if there was any damage. If I can get the scope set again and shoot like I did before I will be pretty much convinced the barrel is ok. If the gun doesn't shoot so well, I will test it with another scope, then, well...time will tell.

3/8/15 Made it to the range today to test the barrel and shoot some factory rounds. Even after removing the scope and mounts and remounting them, then removing the scope again and mounting a new scope, the 2 groups I shot were almost identical to the 10 shot group I posted. I do believe my barrel is ok, and the rifle is making me look like a pretty good shooter. I will try to get out again this week.

I pulled all the bullets and poured the powder from the squib loads back into the jar. Today I will reload with 8 gr Trail Boss, instead of 4 gr. and the same copper bullets. These are just fire forming loads so accuracy will not be a big deal. However, I did manage to bust several clay birds out at 70 yards with the 4.0 gr Trail Boss loads using the FMJ bullets. It was kind of like trying to shoot them with a BB gun. I could almost see the bullet flying towards the target.:eek:

Back