• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I think I painted myself into a corner

OK WTH happened to the level-headed Nitesite that used to post here?

I'm starting to think something's got into the liquor, or maybe it's carbon monoxide?

Buddy, step out for some fresh air, then have someone check out the furnace for leaks before you make any more decisions about firearms!

I’ve seen the pics of the coach gun and it’s beautiful the way it is. You should probably put it over the fireplace and buy a shockwave. This model has a “hammer like” cocking mechanism!
7275DE17-77B9-4472-9197-03BE07C4BECF.jpeg
Reminds me of the 3 fundamental decisions to be made when buying a firearm.
Question 1 - Why am I buying this firearm?
Question 2 - (Only if married) how do I hide it from the wife?
Question 3 - F’it. Buy it anyway!

View attachment 26609 Lol..doesn’t all that crap stick to your gold miners helmet? Lol….on the other hand…

Oh and I thought this was a comedic ad...until it showed up in my email yesterday from of my LGS's.

Whoever at Stoeger decided it was a good idea to tac-up a coach gun ought to burn in hell!!

Oh and I thought this was a comedic ad...until it showed up in my email yesterday from of my LGS's.

Whoever at Stoeger decided it was a good idea to tac-up a coach gun ought to burn in hell!!
Well, somebody could be as simple minded as I am, preferring revolvers over auto’s and a jam proof double throwing more than a dozen 30 cal projectiles in a millisecond does have a bit of weird charm. As far as all the doo-dads hanging on it, why does anyone put the dogs danglies on any gun…lol

Well, somebody could be as simple minded as I am, preferring revolvers over auto’s and a jam proof double throwing more than a dozen 30 cal projectiles in a millisecond does have a bit of weird charm. As far as all the doo-dads hanging on it, why does anyone put the dogs danglies on any gun…lol
I spose that's true but I've always thought there were guns for...well business and others for admiring AND business. I put a pretty coach into the latter category. I've got a couple with crap mounted on them but they wouldn't be up on my wall for display or in a classy wood cabinet. They'd be next to the bed or behind a door for those things that go bump in the night. LOL

I spose that's true but I've always thought there were guns for...well business and others for admiring AND business. I put a pretty coach into the latter category. I've got a couple with crap mounted on them but they wouldn't be up on my wall for display or in a classy wood cabinet. They'd be next to the bed or behind a door for those things that go bump in the night. LOL
Totally agree.. and I’m sure we won’t be seeing any crap hanging off a certain case hardened pride and joy..

Totally agree.. and I’m sure we won’t be seeing any crap hanging off a certain case hardened pride and joy..
I'm sure you're right. @nitesite is just stirring the pot...he's on a new journey of self-discovery in retirement. He's trying to decide whether he should be the wise and measured older gent, the cantankerous, old SOB or the joking, prankster that likes to rattle cages just for sh*ts and giggles. I'm gonna guess "all of the above" just so he can keep us all on our toes.

I was looking at a single barrel and Short Lane popped up also. Not super practical but if you ran out of 12 gauge shells, at least you wouldn’t be just standing there, holding a pretty stick..lol

Last edited:
I don’t know why, but I am dreaming of a modest custom made over and under, with a .357 on top and 16 gauge on the bottom.

No one is silly enough to make such a gun so I will probably have to build it myself.

I wonder what the ATF will say?

I don’t know why, but I am dreaming of a modest custom made over and under, with a .357 on top and 16 gauge on the bottom.

No one is silly enough to make such a gun so I will probably have to build it myself.

Don't tell 'em. Lol.

There are chamber adapters for 12 to 16g and barrel adapter sleeves for 12g to 357, so any old break open 12 could do what you want without raising any flags…

There are chamber adapters for 12 to 16g and barrel adapter sleeves for 12g to 357, so any old break open 12 could do what you want without raising any flags…

Those adapters, while rather neat, are very short and the shot wad or bullet just gets to bounce around while travelling in the larger bore and accuracy turns to shit.

Last edited:
Back