• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ideas for pistol grip upgrade

I was wondering if anyone has done anything with there pistol grips. I know its one more step to take the gun apart to clean but let's face it this rifle isn't exactly the fastest to field strip for cleaning. I don't mind the stock grip but I have big hands. That and the rough plastic edge isn't exactly flattering. Any ideas or examples of what you guys did would be great to see.

One option could be to have the grip stippled.

I did it to my G19 and it works pretty good. There are people around that do it or you can easily do it yourself with a soldering gun or wood burning iron:

GlockStippling_002.jpg

I also have a glock 19 and love it. I noticed the beaver tail grip on yours and debated getting one myself. How do you like yours?

seanfnred said:
I also have a glock 19 and love it. I noticed the beaver tail grip on yours and debated getting one myself. How do you like yours?

Love it, I have meaty hands and was constanttly getting hit with the slide.

MikeD said:
seanfnred said:

Love it, I have meaty hands and was constanttly getting hit with the slide.

I can relate. Did the same thing once with my buddies .22 pistol. In my defence the thing is minuscule. The slide is shorter than a pack of cigarettes. I just put the stock medium backstrap it came with on my Glock. Filled out the grip nicely. The benefit to that tuff 1 grip is if it doesn't fit or feel right on my rifle I can put it on any gun. I even saw it used on a foregrip. If I like it enough I might get one for each of my guns.

Still no sign of the grip not even a verification of shipment from the seller. Well I will get it sooner or later but here's a pic of what it looks like on a rifle pistol grip.

0000315_boa-tuff1-gun-grip.jpg

Back