• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

IDPA Dual Match 6/14 handguns AM, shotguns PM

mingaa

Raconteur
I've been shooting IDPA since early this year and moving up consistently - now generally a mid pack finisher and doing well against other SSP shooters - still waiting to shoot a qualifier.

Everybody seems to have the multi-gun bug and that's a big help. Grassroots club events that act as stepping stones to full 3 Gun matches are a big help.

After the 6 stage IDPA handgun match last Sat. AM the club ran an all steel 3 stage shotgun match. I finished 15 out of 32 with my 930, a 7+1 mag (6 allowed at start of stage) and my Williams sights. I recently took the optics off the gun and added Williams to the rail. They are fully adjustable and fiber optic - versatile and accurate! I'm liking them a lot.

15 Kim Humphries 166.64 0 0 0 0 69.59(0) 39.75(0) 57.30(0)

Not a trophy spot BUT that was my first real sanctioned shotgun match and some very good shooters were there. The shot was limited to #6 no steel. I had #5 in stock and as it was a club match i shot it with permission - NP. I patterned earlier in the week. No shot was over 30-35 yds and I liked the size of pattern that full choke gave me at that distance - about 16". The paint on the steel suffered from my hits but the targets dropped with ease. FUN!

As it was a club match all kinds of guns came out, hot shots and - otherwise. There was more than one shooter with an 18" SD gun, cyl bore shooting 7 1/2 or 8 (as it WAS a bird shot match) - it was sad and a little bit funny to watch them running through ammo as a handful of tiny shot hit the target - 1, 2, 3 times before it dropped. One guy at the safe table laughed me off when I asked about choke and his 'room clearing' SD shortie. he inferred that his bad ass gun would take care of the business at hand - all righty! hehe

On the 28th I'm shooting a 2 Gun event - pistol, rifle and I have sorted out the DPMS, scope and 45* BUIS sights now. Had a great day at the range yesterday with the BUIS spot on to 15 yds and the scope zeroed at 50 yds - I know the range locations that they will use and no shot CAN be over 50 yds due to physical limitations. I was tempted to put the red dot back on but need the practice with the scope for future matches.

I'll post some new shots of the improved 45* sights and high gas block in the AR thread. :cool:

mingaa said:
One guy at the safe table laughed me off when I asked about choke and his 'room clearing' SD shortie. he inferred that his bad ass gun would take care of the business at hand - all righty!

I hate guys like that....

Great job on the match!! :D

Nice report mingaa.
I've got an IDPA match tomorrow with a shotgun fun stage after the match. First time with the SG in competition, hope I have as much fun as you did.

How could you not!!! I'm up early headed to an IDPA classifier this am - the older thread surprised me!! =^}

Back