1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

If you could only have one rifle would it be the MVP?

Discussion in 'Mossberg MVP Bolt Action' started by Barhrobeman, Jan 13, 2018.

1. stampeed valkyrie

stampeed valkyrie .22LR

We encountered the issues when shooting from different positions, both from cover, partially under cover or rapid shooting from a partially supported position. Someone, I don't remember if it was here pointed out the aluminum mag well from tromix. It resolved the mag stability issues and as far as I know the bolt stopped skipping. We also replaced the plastic trigger guard as that was begging to be broken especially during our demo process.

Honestly though my concern now is the rifle not resetting after pulling the trigger.. I don't see Mossberg being helpful at all about this.
    I was gonna do a writeup on this thing when I had a chance.. probably when it gets warmer and I have some free time.

As for accuracy a 16" barrel should be plenty fine for 100-200 yard shooting. And in my case we tested @ 100yds. On a completely unrelated note I have an SBR AR with a 10.5 barrel that is good out to 200 yards.. Never took it further.
    meanstreak and nitesite like this.
  2. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Forum Moderator Supporter

Please do so. We welcome all write ups especially the bad ones.
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. KLR

KLR Copper BB

If I had a choice, the MVP would not be my "only rifle". I need to sell mine since I never shoot it anymore.
  4. Bvhawk

Bvhawk .22LR

I was amazed at the thump that my 7.62 mvp gave my already bad shoulder. I shot the gun well but could only shoot 10 at an outing. I added a Lantac Dragon muzzle break which made a world of difference in the way it shoots but doesn' make me many friends on the firing line.:)
  5. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

KLR, welcome to the forum.
  6. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

Bvhawk, welcome to the forum.
  7. Bvhawk

Bvhawk .22LR

Thank you. I've been a member for awhile now but read more than I post.

I really like my patrol rifle but it definitely needed the muzzle brake for me to enjoy shooting it. I haven' really found a scope that is suitable thou. I added a scope that some mvp patrol rifles come equippd with from the factory with thinking they would match up better than it does. Overall, I'm pleased with my setup but it isn' perfect.

I've enjoyed reading through the old posts and look forward to learning the new tricks of the Mossberg trade.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018