• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

My Mossberg 590a1

I just got a new Mossberg 590a1 and figured id post some pics and future plans

p503089542-3.jpg

p350754417-3.jpg

p332237803-3.jpg

the pictures don't show the sling but i have a Summit Tactical dual point Sling.

my next addition to it will be a m9 lightweight bayonet just because it has the ears on it and why not.
http://areseod.net/m9-lw.html

since i will be getting a bayonet, the heat shield will be coming after.

after this im not sure what else to get for it. im staying away from a light or anything of that sorts. open to any suggestions

Re: My Mossberg 590a1

You know I think its awesome! and beautiful!

Which heat shield are you thinkin?

i havent really looked into it yet, i heard that aimpro might come out with one. Other then that im up for suggestions if you recommend any.

bangbang said:
i havent really looked into it yet, i heard that aimpro might come out with one. Other then that im up for suggestions if you recommend any.

Well, AIMPRO already has one! :) Problem solved! $70 I believe... but very nice! They look great, just check out their site;
http://www.aimprotactical.com/16873/20285.html

They have them for both 18.5" and 20" barrel lengths.

Re: 590 Mariner

UFCGUY21 said:
I have the same mark on mine.... on that thin piece.
Weird. Anyone have an idea of what causes that? It seems to be some kind of tinfoil-ish layer thats not the same as the marine coat.

I honestly don't know.. but the picture is identical to my mossberg 500 mariner...... must be some kind of engineering flaw I guess. Prior to use I put extra oil on that piece... but the good news is that it hasn't received any more damage other than whats in the pic.

Love it thats the exact one i want, need to start looking and just buy it already!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Here's my 590 Cruiser.

It came with the breacher barrel which I don't really need but it wasn't a deal breaker. I added the tri-rail forend, "stubby" foregrip, and the Blackhawk 15rd sling.

It also came with an Americal Flag laser etched into the receiver, pretty sweet!

Dude, thats sweet! Love that the Red White and Blue is laser etched!

Hell yeah!

The store owner where I bought it couldn't tell me anything about Old Glory though. He only said that it might be a distributor exclusive of some kind. Either way it makes an awesome gun even cooler.

Rossignol said:
In your professional opinion, do you think the stock can be tweeked to allow a better fit to the sling plate? I wonder if some fancy file and sand paper or dremmel work would fix it...
Just to update you I went back when I had more time and with some Dremeling I was able to knock down the positioning ring enough to fit inside the sling plate. So now I have the sling plate between the stock and receiver.
It took a couple of passes with a sanding drum and then some smoothing, and it really wasn't a big deal. The plate now fits flush with the stock and the receiver.

m24shooter said:
Rossignol said:
In your professional opinion, do you think the stock can be tweeked to allow a better fit to the sling plate? I wonder if some fancy file and sand paper or dremmel work would fix it...
Just to update you I went back when I had more time and with some Dremeling I was able to knock down the positioning ring enough to fit inside the sling plate. So now I have the sling plate between the stock and receiver.
It took a couple of passes with a sanding drum and then some smoothing, and it really wasn't a big deal. The plate now fits flush with the stock and the receiver.

Thank you!!! Thats awesome! There is a sling i want to make using the 1 1/4" MASH hook from ITW, but it would require using the HK style ennd plate adapter, and the stock/factory LOP is rediculous, no way I would want it longer. So this is very helpful!!! Thanks again!

LAZY, that flag etched into that receiver looks awesome as does the whole damn gun!!!

Brad, I WANT ONE OF YOUR SLINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave, Thanks! Let me know when you wanna get together on one and we'll make it happen! I have a decent bit of work in front of me right now, so I'm runnin about 6 weeks on turn around.

Rossignol said:
Dave, Thanks! Let me know when you wanna get together on one and we'll make it happen! I have a decent bit of work in front of me right now, so I'm runnin about 6 weeks on turn around.

Will do, Brad. Glad to hear you have that much work lined up, always a good thing!!!

Yes it is a good thing for sure!

DaveinCT said:
LAZY, that flag etched into that receiver looks awesome as does the whole damn gun!!!

Thank you Sir. I'm mighty proud to own her...

Back