• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
^ Yup, it's stamped "590" on the bottom side of the receiver and the box says "590 Tactical Entry" or something very similar.

Ah. I was just asking because a buddy of mine insists that mine is a 590, regardless of what the box or receiver says (the box said 500 Persuader/Cruiser and the receiver is stamped 500 ® 12 GA.). Then I showed him the 500 Cruiser on Mossberg's website, and he doesn't know what to think. By the way, this guy is long time Mossberg fan and thought he knew everything there was to know about Mossberg until I came along and threw a wrench in the gears. I'll have to show him a picture of your Cruiser with the 590 stamp on it.

Ah, so Mossberg is calling it a 500 or a 590 based on the receiver? Still important to know what parts are on it!

My mossberg 590 #50668. Just added the sling and heat shield. I'm going to change the recoil pad to a Limbsaver 10121. Two up-combat reload; four down-speed reload. I'm also going to add a M9 bayonet! Home defense.

Attachments

• My Mossy 590 [1].jpg
    My Mossy 590 [1].jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 599
  • My Mossy 590 [2].jpg
    My Mossy 590 [2].jpg
    124 KB · Views: 596

Sounds great! Didnt see your pics. Do you have them uploaded somewhere? If not, pic one of my emails in my sig and email them to me, I'll get them uploaded and add them to your post. ;)

Rossignol said:
Ah, so Mossberg is calling it a 500 or a 590 based on the receiver? Still important to know what parts are on it!

What is different in the receivers? Is mine made of a different metal than LAZY EYED SNIPER's or is it the internal parts that makes the difference? Just to be clear, it doesn't bother me that mine is called a 500 vs a 590, I just want to make sure that I know the differences/limitations, if any.

By the way, you all have been extremely helpful, and I couldn't imagine trying to track down this information without a source such as MossbergOwners.com

What I'll do is pull everything from both my 590A1 and my 500A Persuader and get some pics, but... I dont think there is a difference. There are a couple of differences in the 590A1, but thats in the metal. The 590 and 500... none that I know of. The construction is the same.

A thought. I wonder if Mike Shain of AIMPRO can tell us of specific difference in materials/specs. AIMPRO has some very extensive knowledge on these platforms, inside and out.

I'll get some pics, wont be super profesional, but I can get some side x sides.

kajohns said:
Not exactly sure how to get my photos in my post.

There in there now! ;)

I was able to take down both the 590A1 and the 500 Persuader a bit ago. I have a ton of pics to go through, and when I'm able, I'll get them up!

Re: My Mossberg 590a1

I guess we maybe need a "Bayonet" thread in the Knives section!

I wanna add a little context to the discusion.

Upon taking them both down side x side, I just swapped pieces back and forth. Something I found that I dont have a reason for, the plastic trigger group of the 500 wouldnt fit into the receiver of the 590A1. The metal trigger group of the 590A1 fit easily into the receiver of the 500. Everything else fit back and forth, though by appearances the parts and pieces of the 590A1 seem to be made to tighter tolerances. I think this is most visible in the bolt slide. The bolts themselves are nearly indistinguishable accept for finish...

Any how, pictures will be uploaded tomorrow!

Rossignol said:
(excerpt) Something I found that I dont have a reason for, the plastic trigger group of the 500 wouldnt fit into the receiver of the 590A1. The metal trigger group of the 590A1 fit easily into the receiver of the 500. (excerpt)

This is pretty interesting because I have a beast of a time getting the aft part of the trigger assembly to drop into the receiver after I field strip my 500. I was assuming it was either me lining it up wrong or everything just being tight due to it being new (my bolt carrier group was pretty hard to get in correctly until after I had shot the first 100 shells or so through it). I wonder if I invested in the 590A1 trigger assembly if it would drop in a little easier. I'm sure it would be a lot more rugged, so it is something that I had planned on getting eventually anyway, along with the metal safety. But that is an entirely different subject all together.

A few weeks ago I picked up an un-fired 6 shot M590A1 model 52682, I haven't done anything to it yet, Let alone shot it :cry:
But here is a quick pic.

5432215407_a836d70b1f_z.jpg

It came with a voodoo scabbard that I will never use...
I was looking at a 590 model model 50645 for nearly the same price, But the store wouldn't budge on the price so I bought the M590A1 from a private sale, Funny thing, SLC is still small town-ish, The previous owner who lives 10 miles South of me knows my uncle...

Soundslike a good deal! I also have the VooDoo Tac. scabbard. I never cared for the strap, but on my pack its great!

Nice gun!

My Mossberg 590 SP

I just thought I'd show off my one and only Mossberg!

IMGP0352.jpg

It wears a Tac-Star side saddle with three 2 3/4" Federal LE Tactical rifled slugs and three 2 3/4" Federal LE Tactical 9 pellet 00 buckshot rounds. I keep the magazine tube loaded with 8 rounds of Remington 2 3/4" 00 buckshot. It also has a UTG sling and the Ontario M9 bayonet!

Re: My Mossberg 590 SP

That is a great looking Mossberg 590! Thanks for sharing.

Back