• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Picked up a 590a1 to go with my Daniel Defense and a couple xd's. Nice starter armory if I do say so myself.
891f8e60932228072f83030f628527dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I guess I need to re-post a pic of mine, since Photo Bucket kicked me out the door. Have to take a new photo too, I've made some changes.

Nice A1!
How does the stock Mossberg railed forend feels on the hand?
it feels way better than the MAKO tri-rail that Mossberg originally used for their 500s. I actually ordered one separate for my 590/18.5inch(7shot) from their website. I personally think the Mossberg version looks better.

Here is mine. Green leather strap on the stock is just me testing different attachmentpoints for my two point / one point sling. There is also a bit of paracord between the barrel and the mag tube :) The sling is a magpul MS1

Last edited:
Im planning to replace the mag follower in some bright color, but the good ones are hard to find, in or close to my country.

Last edited:
A Phase5 only weights an 1 ounce but shipping could end up be far more than the actual cost.
http://phase5wsi.com/low-drag-high-visibility-12-gauge-shotgun-follower-12gsf.html
Oh ! That was one really good looking follower :) Low drag, high-wiz and looks good, thats what i want. But i could not do a test cart because there was no option for another country, just US states. It would probably be twice the amount just in shipping :) Im adding that one to my wish list

Oh ! That was one really good looking follower :) Low drag, high-wiz and looks good, thats what i want. But i could not do a test cart because there was no option for another country, just US states. It would probably be twice the amount just in shipping :) Im adding that one to my wish list

Brownells UK....I have no idea about shipping costs from the UK to Sweden but it`s bound to be far better then the price from the US to Sweden.
https://www.brownells.co.uk/Shotgun-Parts/Magazine-Tube-Parts/Magazine-Followers

Try to contact S&J hardware and they might be able to help you...

Canada:
https://sjhardware.com/contact-us/

US:
https://sjhardware.us/

Here’s my newly acquired Mossberg 590 Mariner that my grandfather gave to me for a graduation present. Just got it drilled and tapped for a rail and mounted a Vortex Venom I had laying around on it. Still need to get the MagPul stock with some cheek risers, a good sling, and a side saddle though!IMG_1712.jpgIMG_1711.jpgIMG_1717.jpg

And then the rest of my small collection. It was hard to buy weapons as a college student haha, now that I’m out, let the spending begin.

Bushmaster AR15 (.556)
Mossberg 500E (.410)
Glenfield Mo. 75 (.22lr)
J.C. Higgins Bolt Action Shotgun that was my great grandfathers (20ga)
M&P Shield (9mm)
Some Tech-9 knockoff I bought at a gun show for cheap for no reason (9mm)
Springfield 1911 (45 acp)
IMG_1721.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice collection.
One question.. i thought the Mariner was sort of "parkerized silver" that one looks chromed ?
I noticed on my 590A1 that, with just the rail, no sight, i need a cheek raiser, to be perfect
How many holes do that rail cover ? looks short ?

Very nice collection.
One question.. i thought the Mariner was sort of "parkerized silver" that one looks chromed ?
I noticed on my 590A1 that, with just the rail, no sight, i need a cheek raiser, to be perfect
It’s similar to parkerizing, it’s a baked on finish that’s super durable. It’s supposed to be extremely resilient, and I live in south Louisiana so I will be able to test this out. The weapon was manufactured in 1996 if I compared the serial number correctly to a dataset I found on another forum. The weapon also didn’t have any factory drilled holes for a rail mount, which would indicate it was made before 1997. If that’s the case, the coating has handled age very very well. I keep it clean and oiled, so It might just appear shiny due to that reason and the lighting.

Very nice collection. Nice mix of old and new. I have a few from my Grandfather too.
I love the idea of weapons passed down through generations. The .22lr Glenfield was my great grandfathers on my mother’s side who used it to squirrel hunt while the 20ga bolt action shotgun was my grandfathers from my dad’s side who also used it to squirrel hunt and duck hunt. Being able to shoot and use the weapons that my great grandfathers used when they were alive is something special.

Also, thank you. I love older firearms with wood furniture just as much as I love the newer generations of firearms full of polymer. I just love firearms I guess haha.

Back