• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'm amazed and speechless

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
That doesn't happen very often.

But I love this time of year when manufacturers release the details of their products at Shot Show.

This year, I am amazed and speechless.

Check out what Franklin Armory has done now.

Don't ask me how, but here ya go.

Franklin Armory Announces – Reformation – 11.5” Barrel w/ Conventional Stock – No Tax Stamp required

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/1...1-5-barrel-w-conventional-stock-no-tax-stamp/

That doesn't happen very often.

But I love this time of year when manufacturers release the details of their products at Shot Show.

This year, I am amazed and speechless.

Check out what Franklin Armory has done now.

Don't ask me how, but here ya go.

Franklin Armory Announces – Reformation – 11.5” Barrel w/ Conventional Stock – No Tax Stamp required

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/1...1-5-barrel-w-conventional-stock-no-tax-stamp/
I like where this is going. The one comment was that having a "binary" trigger from factory had something to do with it. If that's the case, then a stripped lower, with a binary falls into the same category? How cool would that be.

I don't think the trigger is going to have anything to do with it, but I've been wrong before.

I looked heavily at gun reg's, and Franklin already has the XO26, which is classified as a firearm.

And just like their binary trigger, takes legal definitions right to the letter of what they say. For each action of the trigger (pulling the trigger is one action--FIRE releasing the trigger is another deliberate action--FIRE)

In those numerous gun reg's that I read over when I was looking into building my own firearm, I found a doozy that I think is how they were able to get tech branch approval that said (read this slowly):

Firearms Verification
Gun Control Act Definitions
Pistol

18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(29) and 27 CFR § 478.11
The term “Pistol” means a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having:
  • a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s);
  • and a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).

I'm not much of an AR fan, but for some reason this has me intrigued. I wonder how long the waiting line for this will be.

img_4587.jpg

Shut up and take my money!!!!!

It will probably be a hell of a lot cheaper than the final cost of my SBR with lawyer fees and stamp.

While Franklin makes pretty good stuff, they are anything but cheap.

so....if it's not a rifle, and it's not a shotty....you know automatically they are going to ban it in kornecticut...and most likely in spew york...

Yep, straight lands and grooves. And with that...poof. All interest evaporated and they made themselves into a meme.

All the hype boiled down to an extremely expensive and inaccurate gun that can legally have a collapsible buttstock.

I’ve already built my own non-NFA version via pistol buffer tube with static pistol brace. I’ll trade an adjustable buttstock for a rifled barrel any day.

I wish them luck, but I personally will never buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still like their XO26 firearm.

Seriously considering removing the AFG and adding a regular vertical grip on my AR9

Back