• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

In need of front sight and hood for 702

stringplucker

Copper BB
I picked up the Plinkster in trade awhile back, and it's been taking up space in my safe. I finally decided to pull it out and take a closer look at it, and noticed that they front sight was broken and missing the hood. Previous owner always used a scope, so he didn't use the sight.

Anyway...I'd like to get this little rifle setup for my son, who would rather use sights over a scope.

Havlins isn't showing the front sight on their site...Neither is Numrich, Brownells or any of the other places.

Where do I need to go now, and how much are they?

I called Mossberg and waited about 15 minutes for a human. The young lady was so nice and helpful, and was kind enough to send the sight, the shade, and the screws free of charge! I should get them in the next week or so.

Seeing a company willing to do something as trivial as this has guaranteed that I will make a Mossberg my next new shotgun purchase. That is great customer service!

That is great to hear. Glad you got it taken care of.

I just got through dealing with a bent hood that came on my Plinkster purchase of about 3 weeks ago. Contacted Mossberg. The problem was handled through Maverick Arms in Eagle Pass Texas. Sent me a new front sight in 3 days ... free of charge. Wrong one. Contacted them ... got an apology and a replacement with the correct sight withing 5 days.

Contacted Mossberg about born dates for a dozen Plinksters. It was also handled through Eagle Pass also. Great Customer service from my experience.

Back