1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

In the barn....

Discussion in 'Photo And Video Gallery' started by Elbert Garrett, Jun 30, 2017.

1. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yeah, I thought the camera was going to be a goner too.
  2. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

:) I had a helluva time gettin` The Wife to film that too!

101_8640.JPG
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. John A.

Bwhwhahahaha :laugh::yourock:
    meanstreak and Elbert Garrett like this.
  4. meanstreak

meanstreak .308 Supporter

That is dedication...
  5. John A.

I don't think dedication is the right word to use here.
    Elbert Garrett likes this.
  6. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

It`s a beautiful day here in NE Oklahoma so I opened up the shop and had a little fun.....

I got the 88 back out and put the full stock back on her pattern tested some 00 buckshot.....all shots were taken from 21` using the Mav 88 Security and average shot spreads are listed below. I`ll be running some low recoil buckshot through the SW this afternoon as soon a UPS shows up....

Federal 3" spread
    Winchester 4 1/4" spread
    Suprema 4 1/2" spread

101_8683.JPG
  7. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

The UPS man drop by and left me some buckshot this afternoon....

I order this from SGAmmo right here in Oklahoma, ordered Tuesday and it arrived today (2 days).
    http://www.sgammo.com/

The recoil is mild for a 2 3/4" 9 pellet 00 buckshot as you can see in this video....Between the soft recoil and tight pattern I`ve promoted it to my HD ammo for the SW.
    The stippling job by Justin Potts felt great under recoil, my hand stayed firm on the grip with no sliding forward with multiple shots.

101_8684.JPG
    101_8686.JPG
    This is 6 from 18` as fast as I could get them off.....That`s an 8" Dirty Bird target and most of the shot hit so I`m good with that!

101_8689.JPG
    John A. likes this.
  8. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

A getting a few shots off is a great way to get the weekend started!

I dug out a box Winchester PDX1 2 3/4", it has 3 pellets of 00 buckshot a 1 oz rifled slug.
    I put some on paper from 28`using the Mav 88 Security and I was getting a 6" spread at that distance. This is a consistent performer that will end a fight right quick and in a hurry!

101_8697.JPG
    meanstreak and John A. like this.
  9. John A.

I plan to do some patterning later this evening with the 2 guns that I threaded recently. Supposed to get about 5 inches of rain this weekend, and right now the temp is about 60 and sunny for a drastic change since 10AM when there was still frost on my windshield, so I'm going to take advantage of it.
  10. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

I also ran a few rounds through the Canik.....

10 rounds of Aguila 124 FMJ - 21ft

101_8706.JPG
    meanstreak and John A. like this.
  11. John A.

I really like my canik s120 too.

It's the most accurate 9mm handgun that I have.

Even better than the Beretta Centurion. XD, etc.
  12. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

Love the CZ clones, they get great reviews and I would love to own one myself! The slide rails ride inside the frame is a brilliant design, stronger and more accuarate!
  13. John A.

I agree.

There is less slide slop, and I think it lends to better accuracy potential too.

But they won't make you shoot better than you do. That big ragged hole was made by someone that pays attention to what they're doing ;)

Nice job on that.

I have looked at the TP9 and the CM9 canik myself, but haven't came across the right deal just yet.

Folks can say what they want, but the Turks can really make some quality guns. I own at least 4 now. An O/U, a semi 12ga, and two handguns. They are all very well made guns.

Sorry for the hijack.
  14. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

Agreed, the Turks can make a fine weapon for sure!

No hijack my friend, we`re just having a friendly discussion!
  15. meanstreak

What is a Canik ? I have never heard of that.
  16. John A.

Canik is a Turkish gun manufacturer. If you ever get a chance to shoot one, or look one over, it's good stuff.

http://www.canikarms.com/

And they are in the process of opening up a USA distributor office. Not sure about manufacturing, but

http://www.canikusa.com/

For what it's worth, Sars (sarsilmaz) manufacturing is also in the process of opening up a USA office. No knock against the canik, but the Sars K245 is my primary handgun here at the house. If canik had a doublestack 45acp variant, I'd probably have one of them too. But Sars and Canik both are really well made guns, all joking aside.

http://www.sarusa.com/

If you're ever in the market for another handgun and get the chance to look either one of these over, I wouldn't hesitate to choose either one again. And that's after shooting and carrying them a lot the last couple of years. I don't have a speck of buyers remorse.

Right now, it only looks like Sars USA is going to be doing their polymer stuff at first, but if they ever release the K245C (compact), I WILL have one for CC.
    meanstreak and Elbert Garrett like this.
  17. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

Here`s a close up of my TP9V2

101_8711.JPG 101_8714.JPG
    John A. and meanstreak like this.
  18. meanstreak

Thanks fellas. I am not in the market right now but would definitely take a look next chance I get.
  19. John A.

I don't have any hands on with the polymer versions, but as I mentioned earlier, I like my S120. It's all steel. Lots of heft to it.

Not an exact CZ75 clone/copy and some of the parts aren't interchangeable but it's pretty close.

And not to mention, I brought it home for under 3 bills.

One of the best values that I have came across for a good shooter.

And I admit that I'm not a great shot with a handgun in the first place. But the gun certainly doesn't disappoint on its' end.
  20. meanstreak

I checked out their website. Good looking guns at a reasonable price for sure.