In the barn....

Discussion in 'Photo And Video Gallery' started by Elbert Garrett, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

I found mine locally at Sportworld in Tulsa but Sportsman Guide has them for $7.49 per box of 10 for non members plus shipping unless order is over $49 and then shipping is free.
    Hornady AG

Agreed! It`s a fast way to end a close quarters fight for sure!
  2. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

I made a whole bunch of buck and ball loads in 12 and 16 gauge, and I never did get out to the range to test any of them yet.

They weren't set up to allow pattern testing the last time I went out there with the shotgun, but maybe they're set up by now. I did several weird loads and I'm dying to see how they work out.
    Elbert Garrett likes this.
  3. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

In the barn....

[​IMG]

I can back up and get shots off at about 28 ft which happens to be the distance from my hallway to the front door....this pov is from 24 ft but I mostly shoot from 14 and 21 ft.

[​IMG]
    Djcala likes this.
  4. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

The souths' gonna do it again ;)
  5. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

Cuttin` cards.....

Winchester 000 fired from a Mossberg .410 Cruiser / 18.5" barrel from 14 ft.

[​IMG]

Winchester`s 2.5" 000 buck is 3 pellets @ .360 in diameter and weighs about 71 grains each. All 3 three pellets hit within 1 inch of each other....
    John A. likes this.
  6. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

Aside from wanting a .410 shotgun, I'm having a real case of barn Envy here. :D

It's a good 30 minute drive from my house in the suburbs to any place that you can legally pull a trigger. There are some indoor ranges locally but they're just for handguns and pistol caliber rifles.
  7. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

I ran some Aguila mini buck through my gun this morning.....it cycled smoothly with very little recoil which allowed for easy follow up shots. I was consistently getting a 4" spread from 14 ft. These have 7 #4 buck and 4 #1 buck of which none penetrated the 5" of ice.....This might be suitable for close quarters defense.

100_7495.JPG
  8. John A.

Quick question.

I know that's a Winchester above, but have you tried the minishells in a Mossberg?

I remember trying some when they first came out, and they wouldn't feed through mine.

I gave the shells to my uncle, who shot the remaining box in one of his break action shotguns.
  9. Pawpaw

Pawpaw 20g Supporter

That's what the Opsol Mini-Clip is for. LINK

Every report I've read says it works well.
  10. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

No Sir.....my 500 is a .410 Cruiser.
  11. John A.

No problem.

I remember reading someone here recently using these and I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for the reply.
  12. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

Update:
    I used to have a Mav 88 and let it go on a trade, my mistake so yesterday I went and picked up another one.....I have a OpSol mini clip coming in from http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/ , and I`ll be testing it as soon as it arrives and report back.

I give the Mav 88 a thorough cleaning and ran some Winchester #4 buck through it this morning....I was getting a nice 4" spread from 14 ft. which works fine for my needs. The HD flight controled buckshot that I`ve tried usually just cuts a hole about the size of a baby`s fist in close quarters, damned effective but you might as well be shootin` slugs.

100_7512.jpg 100_7519.JPG
    John A. likes this.
  13. John A.

Pattern looks good.

Yes, it'll tear something up. But God forbid if you ever have to use it to protect yourself or your family, that's kinda the point.
  14. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

I got the OPSol adapter in from Shockwave Technologies today and it snapped right into place and cycled the shells just fine.....That 88 will hold 9 and 1 of the Aguila mini buck but I`ll probably just keep it cruiser ready with 8.

CaddmannQ, John A. and old mossy like this.
  15. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Look's like it works pretty good to me. Thanks for the video.
  16. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

Winchester #4 Buckshot VS 8.35 lbs. of ice....

I like how the Winchester #4 buck patterns in close quarters.....

[​IMG]

Today was the first time shooting the 88 with the Houge Tamer, firing both 2 3/4" and then the Aguila 1 3/4" buckshot using the OPSol adapter.....the Tamer felt great though I doubt I`ll be lookin` to running anything hotter than the #4 buck.
    The OPSol adapter allowed the 88 to cycle the mini buck flawlessly and I be using this combination for HD.

[​IMG]
  17. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

I picked up some CO2 yesterday while in town and broke out the Crossman this morning......It`s loud for a pellet gun, :) accurate in steady hands but a whole lot of fun to shoot! I need to get a softer backstop when using this one though, I was getting too many ricochets whizzing past so I called quits for the day.....

100_7588.JPG
    John A. likes this.