• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Inara

TerryD

I got my 464SPX for Christmas and have been wanting to shoot it some more so I spent a little more time behind it this weekend. It is an amazingly fun little rifle to shoot. Put 15 round through it off hand busting cow pies at 20-30 yards, treating them like the bitey-scratchey-chargey things I wanted the rifle for possible use on. Quick draw off the shoulder to action position is slow with a regular sling so I'm looking for reasonable options to remedy that.

While shooting, I got to wondering how an angled front grip would feel on it. On the way home this evening we swung by Sportsman's Warehouse and I grabbed a Magpul AFG2 in black and a Streamlight TLR-1s. Just handling it feels really good and the light is easy to work with my left hand. Maybe I can get some time to go play with it some at night the next time I'm down at Mom and Dad's.

2013-04-01215758_zpse52ac31b.jpg

2013-04-01215856_zps391a483b.jpg

Extra credit if you get the title.

Re: Inara

Does it bring you Serenity? ;)

Nice looking gun. I'm still havinf trouble with the new look of these lever guns, but they are growing on me. I like the addition of the AFG.

I love those funky lever guns - the name is after the Hittite goddess of the wild animals, yes?!!

MikeD said:
Does it bring you Serenity? ;)

Nice looking gun. I'm still havinf trouble with the new look of these lever guns, but they are growing on me. I like the addition of the AFG.

Yes Mike, it really does!

And yes, it is named for Inara Serra from the short lived TV series Firefly. I have thought it looked like something off there since I got it.

I thought it looked pretty neat when I got it but the functionality of the adjustable stock for my wife and I is a major selling point. I am 5'10" with long arms and she is 4'11" with short arms. It has to be nearly fully collapsed for her to get to the trigger.

The light on the rail will be useful for coyote and other night work. As for the AFG, I won't get to try it for a while, but I think it will be a little more comfortable offhand than the flat fore-end.

The character apeared in Serenity in 2005 ;-)

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

MikeD said:
The character apeared in Serenity in 2005 ;-)

Yes, she did as well. I hate that they had to wrap up what could have been a few years worth of story line on TV in a single hour and a half long movie.

I see so much good stiff get axed while shows I would never watch get renewed forever. As a result I really don't watch too much any more.

Well alot of the great shows like the great series FireFly and such get axe by and you will never beleave this, by 2-3 percent of the tv viewers. I do a little IT work for peeps that do the Neilson Ratings and they only use 2-3 percent of the population here in the states to rate tv shows and such to see who gets the axe and who stays :evil: And another great show I really got into was axe was Human Target. But soap operas still remain :evil:

Well, I got to try out the AFG weekend before last and it does make it more comfortable for your forward hand. I'm a righty and my brother is a south paw and we both thought it worked great. He was really impressed with the rifle overall and kept talking about how much fun it is to shoot.

Anyways, short update, but it is something. Any reccomendations for a quick-to-action, two or three point sling that won't break the bank or my shoulder? As always, Made in USA is a plus!

Back