• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Independence General Strike

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
I'm not the originator but this conceptual document is making the rounds today. Guess we'll see if it gains traction. Suspect it might scare the hell out of some folks if it attracts a number of backers. As I said, not sure the origin but certainly an interesting initiative. What do you think?

W4vuZsqF.jpeg

It's a neat idea with some good points, but it'll never happen. People are to wrapped up in their own life and of course bills to pay to take a week off from life all at the same time.

Usually TV news on July 3 is video of people buying fireworks.

Now, if this July 3rd news shows women fighting over TP in Walmart, this shit is on....

Being retired, this would not involve me taking a week off. But I will be set up if it happens. Wouldn’t want to run short of critical supplies.

There was supposed to be a over the road truck shutdown too, but you didn't hear anything about it.

As I'm self-employed and generally anti-union, I will not participate but thank you for the heads up! ;)

I agree with Bobster.

Striking is not something that people in my profession ever did and that is, of course, after I left the Teamsters union.

I never went on strike when I was in the Teamsters either, but there were others who did.

Anyhow, in the professions the mass strike is considered like a “mob rule” tactic.

Back