• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Installed Nordic +2, GG&G follower, Choate pistol grip stock

FrankAR15

.22LR
Love the look and function of the new pistol grip stock. However, I am not sure about the Nordic spring. It seems to me the factory Mossberg spring is a little more heavy duty.

I cut the spring and turned in the edges. The spring stuck out of the magazine tube about 16"(32.5" total spring length). I did a function test(with dummy rounds)and a couple times the shell would just stay flush with tube and not feed. Although it could possibly be I hesitated when racking the action.
I switched back to the factory spring(which has an awesome taper on the follower end)and everything works just fine. The spring is a lot shorter. I didn't measure, but I think it probably only stuck out of the tube about 5" or so. Does anyone think this isn't ok? I'm going to try and get to the range this weekend and test. It just seems so much shorter, and Nordic instructions say minimum spring at end of tube should be 12". Idk, if it works...

I also had bought an extension tube barrel clamp, but I don't think it will work. The cut out in the tube for the clamp is right where the sight is. Is it ok not to use a clamp with a 2 round extension?

Frank, you're saying your stock/factory spring only extends 5" out your extension tube? My stock spring extends about 18" past (so far it's a pain to get back IN after cleaning).......and I was thinking about shortening it, because I had a couple FTE issues. But then again, I've only put about 30 rounds of low-velocity shells thru it. I really need to get it out more!

Frank, you're saying your stock/factory spring only extends 5" out your extension tube? My stock spring extends about 18" past (so far it's a pain to get back IN after cleaning).......and I was thinking about shortening it, because I had a couple FTE issues. But then again, I've only put about 30 rounds of low-velocity shells thru it. I really need to get it out more!
What size barrel do you have? Mine is 18.5. And I'm talking the factory spring from Mossberg, not Nordic.

What size barrel do you have? Mine is 18.5. And I'm talking the factory spring from Mossberg, not Nordic.

I've got an SPX, which is what I think you have right? I thought they all came with an 18.5" barrel.........and yep, I'm talking factory spring as well.

I've got an SPX, which is what I think you have right? I thought they all came with an 18.5" barrel.........and yep, I'm talking factory spring as well.
That's where are springs are different. I have the Mossberg tactical. Only 4 + 1. I wonder if there is anywhere to buy a tapered spring like the factory mossberg's? And I'm pretty sure the SPX comes with a Choate spring.

Here was mine before 2 round ext.

Back