• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Installing iron sights

Hey all, I have a Mossberg MVP Predator 5.56. just swapped out the weaver bases for a Mossberg picatinny rail and bought Leupold Rifleman see through scope rings in hopes of installing iron sights. A few years back it was misting rain out and I was just about to move to another spot after calling about 35 minites. So i got up and spotted a coyote looking in the other direction. The coyote came in close and as I went to aim, my objective lens was covered in mist on the outside of the glass and I couldn't see anything. Coyote spotted me immediately and bolted. Lesson learned. If i had iron sights id have gotten a shot. Does anyone know if the sights that come on the mvp patrol models are available for purchase anywhere? If not, any recommendations on another sight manufacturer? Ive been looking at Williams sights but its a bit confusing as to what I'll need. I'll probably end up calling them to figure it out but I figured I'd ask you guys first. Ive never installed iron sights before myself and seeing how its done on YouTube vids, it doesnt seem too difficult as long as I take my time. Im not on a budget right now to throw $200+ at a gunsmith to have the job done so if its possible to do it myself, ill give it a try. Any suggestions? Thanks

Back