• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Introducing the new FN semi auto M249 SAW

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Rumored to be revealed at the upcoming NRA show in Tennessee.

I would need a bigger safe..... Maybe not.... I live in the peoples republic of new jersey so i prob cant have one anyway [emoji33]

I couldn't watch, that gun is too scary.

I just have a question or 2 .....

How do you get that to the range ... in a coffin ?

Will people try to open carry it like the AR in the park guys ?

Do you all feel it's all show & no go.... kind of like a Lambo kit car on a 4 cyl fiero ?

I think for std carry you would have to mount a Kolpin Gun Boot to a really heavy holster belt. LOL ;-D

I have OC'd an AR and I definitely would not want to carry something that heavy for any length of time.

If I had the money to spend I would buy it. It's the closest I'd ever get to owning the real deal but it's definitely a niche market.

It has a high coolness factor but I'm guessing it will be too pricey for me. I'd rather buy a bunch of cheaper fun guns than one expensive one.

I just have a question or 2 .....

How do you get that to the range ... in a coffin ?

I have a range bag or two that'd work just fine.

Do you all feel it's all show & no go.... kind of like a Lambo kit car on a 4 cyl fiero ?

Not any different than their P90 is from their Ps90, the SCAR-16 from the SCAR-16s, an M4 is from an AR-15, or the select fire KRISS Vector SMG is from the Vector SBR or SDP. Granted the M249 platform was designed as a force multiplier for maximum volume of lead distribution on target, but I don't see the semi version as any more neutered than the rest of our options.

I'll bet Ares Defense is a little nervous right now. Their Ares-16 AMG-1 (Shrike) uppers have been filling the belt fed void for a while. I could see the demand for their uppers dropping dramatically once the FN hits the market...

If that is true its too rich for my blood.... thats more than i spent on my Tavor & Kriss with optics triggers etc put together......

I'm gonna hold off on passing judgement until I do hear the actual msrp rather than hearsay but I will say if $8000 is a realistic number, I can only say that's pretty stupid. I can buy a number of REAL full auto guns in that neighborhood.

I do like that it uses links.

Honestly, to me, using links is its' only real attraction is that you can basically link a truckload of ammo together, but if you do, you'd better be in a heavily fortified position because you're not going anywhere for a while or you'll be abandoning it for someone else to move in and take over.

Sorry, but I'm just trying to be realistic.

Back