• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Is ammo coming back???

DJFrostbyte

Copper BB
Hey guys wanted to post this up and share my excitement. As of this weekend march 2nd 2013 my local academy sports had ammo that I haven't seen since december! They had 9mm, .380, .357mag, .223, 5.56, .222rem, 30-30, .308win, 7.62X39, and .22lr!!!! And enough of it! There is still the 1 box per customer buying restriction, but they had more ammo than I have seen in months. Has anyone else experienced this here recently? I bought everything I could between my wife and I. I was so excited I could barely stand it! I got 40 more rounds of .223, 200 of both 9mm and .22lr, and 100 of .380. I hope everyone else begins to see this return of ammo as well!

Rob

Lots of shelf space collecting dust here in SE Wisconsin. Even us shotgunners are running out of 00 buck and even turkey loads are becoming scarce. Only dove and target loads for 12 ga at my locals. Better selection for 20 ga.

Maybe "we the people" are finally running out of extra money for stocking up! Could be the manufacturers are getting ahead of the "panic" curve.

Stopped by H&H Shooting Sports in Oklahoma City today. The only slug they had on the shelf was the Federal Premium 1oz TruBall. They were only 5 bucks for 5, so I picked up a box. Sure not much ammo on the shelves in our area.

The only thing on our ammo shelves are the pricetags.

Slick dab devoid of anything anyone wants.

Nothing for sale here. LGS saleslady said she had a good bit of .22LR, but it turned out to just be some subsonic stuff. She assured me it would cycle in my rifle and I assured her that it wouldn't (I've tried).

Seems to be lots of sporting clays available for purchase. :? Guess you are just supposed to throw rocks at them. :? This is me being patient. ;) Take care. Tom Worthington.

Here in houston, all the places are sold out of handgun and shotgun ammo. Just bird shot, mainly 20 gauge is all thats around. But my brother in law lives in dallas, and he said no ammo problem over there. Gonna have him send me some in the mail. Tired of checking stores.
Too many people in my part are buying ammo and trying to resell it on craigslist and local guntrader sites for double or triple the price. Cant wait to laugh when things finally go back to normal and they are trying to sell the ammo at that price. SOunds stupid, but believe me, it will happen. lol

I've noticed that the on-line sites are out or VERY expensive. Our area Big Box stores are still out but the local gunships and ranges are beginning to get it in. 1 box limit on 9mm. They tell me demand has leveled off. I'm south of Atlanta, GA

I searched for 9mm at 3 box stores and 2 local gun shops. I think the only thing I saw in any of them was 20 gauge shotgun shells and some 17hmr. I'm glad I stocked up on .22lr before it all hit the fan. I just hope I can get some handgun ammo before the range opens in a few weeks.

Local stores are out of 500 round boxes of .22 LR now. No .223/5.56. Rifle calibers are better but not much. Most handgun ammo is 1 box per caliber. All the 12 ga bird shot I could want. Not much for slugs or 00 buck although I have come across it sporadically. I hope it comes back, I miss going in and buying whatever I wanted.

Chris C said:
Stopped by H&H Shooting Sports in Oklahoma City today. The only slug they had on the shelf was the Federal Premium 1oz TruBall. They were only 5 bucks for 5, so I picked up a box. Sure not much ammo on the shelves in our area.

Only one box?

Yup.............only one. Just wanted a couple of slugs in my side holder. I'm waiting on my 10 boxes of Green Lightning I've ordered.

I live in a rural area and we only have a few places to buy ammo. they all say the same thing when I ask about it. No ammo coming any time soon.

Just bought a couple of boxes of .357 magnum hollow points, they are currently cheaper to shoot than .22LR. :? Take care. Tom Worthington.

Checking online looks like some prices are dropping slightly. i hope thats a trend. cheapest brassed cased ammo ive been finding is in 45 colt. LOL

I have been acquiring a good little stash of 12 & 20 guage birdshot

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Back