• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Is ammo coming back???

John A. said:
GunnyGene said:
The old dogs like us who were born and raised with firearms are much less likely to panic buy imho. Probably because many of us have been gradually stocking up for years if not decades and already have a garage full, and/or the skills and means to reload our own.

Preaching to the choir brother.

Yeah, I suppose so. Sometimes I just need to, to clarify my own thoughts. ;) :)

Ammo will come back unless we get another Newtown then it will be even longer. Those caught flat footed and are now trying to get into things like stocking some ammo or reloading paid the price to be a Johny-come-lately. I wonder how people feel that paid $2000+ for a Bushmaster feel right now when then are around a grand again? Same with paying $75 for Pmags or $1 per round for 5.56. I know I didn't pay it. I am ready for ammo to be normal again but figure it will be early next year at the soonest.

What are we expecting normal to be? Its like gas prices, when they were high we wanted them to return to "normal", prices came down but are still steadily increasing. Ive no doubt ammunition will do the same.

LGS had a modest selection of .22 this evening. I bought 2, 50 round boxs of Winchester for 4 bucks each. CCI was 4.50 each, and some match ammo I didn't price.

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I found some 5.7x28mm ammo this evening!!! First time I've seen any in over a year...

I went to my local Walmart today. It looked like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard in the ammo dept. I was gonna get a one hundred box of 12 ga Federal, 71/2 shot. It was 27.00 is that a good price?
'

That's about $5 more per box than here

I was at academy in Fort Worth a few days ago. They had damn near everything except .22's with no restrictions. They even had 6.8 and 6.5 Grendal. Our cabelas always carry ammo.

The ammo situation must be getting better here in eastern Kansas. My local Walmart actually had 9mm, 40S&W, 45 ACP, and .223 for the first time in recent memory. Still no 22lr to be had, but I understand that is pretty common everywhere. If the 22 ammo don't come back soon, I am going to have to buy an air rifle to practice with. Hell, I have not shot a squirrel with a pellet rifle since I was in grade school, perhaps it is time to change that.

Still no .357 mag on the WalMart shelves, here. No .38 Special, either. A box or two of .45 ACP. A box or two of .40 S&W. A few boxes of 9mm. No .22LR. The 12 gauge buckshot is still pretty scarce.

The LGS is much better. However, the prices there still seem pretty high. Maybe it's the new norm. :cry: Take care. Tom Worthington

The LGS is much better. However, the prices there still seem pretty high. Maybe it's the new norm. :cry: Take care. Tom Worthington[/quote]

I think you're right on about the "new norm" Tom.

Did some recon today and made out well for my sake :)

Dicks has EVERYTHING but prices are still near double...
Walmart... Notta thing but 30-06, .270, .300 WIN and some random WSM stuff
Dunhams is where it's at.. They have everything except 9mm/.380 and most of it has been on sale. I picked up their last two boxes of Brenneke KO slugs for $3.99/box!!!!!! I haven't been able to get my hands on a box of this in months!

They also had some Federal Tru-ball and Gander Mountain is a joke lol...

Stopped in at Gary's today to see what they had on the shelf .22 wise. They had a couple dozen boxes of various .22lr and .22Mag, but a limit of one box of each per customer/day. Bought one box of CCI 22lr SHP, and one of Win SuperX.22mag FMJ. Prices weren't too bad but still high. $14 for the .22mag, and $8 for the CCI.

Went to a local gun show this weekend. Plenty of ammo at prices BELOW last October. Last gun show I went to had 500 9mm rounds for $160...now it is $270 for 1000 rds. 223 was $319 for non-factory and $340 for factory loads. Boxes and cases of the stuff...45, 38, 380, all available...

WOO! Wally World finally has popular hunting calibers! TOO BAD none of it is what I want... :(
Dicks had 1 box of 125grn 30-06 left and I hesitated to purchase it out of pride.... see what I got... nothing. hahaha

Anyone reload 30-06? :lol:

Mitch (LGS) got in a bunch of .22lr and .22 mag yesterday. Some 325rd bulk CCI 40gr plated round nose ( $40), a bunch of subsonic stuff (which I don't need) for a little less $, and some other stuff. Told him that I'd wait a while longer till the price comes down.

Plenty of other calibers and shotgun ammo, including Brenneke KO (Sabot), and he was on the phone ordering some cases of 9mm, and .308 while I was there checking out some of his old guns. He's got a bunch of collector guns, including a Win Model 12, and some nice WWI bolt actions. He'll probably bring a truck load of stuff to the local gun show next month.

Shelves are filling up. Even at the Walmart I was browsing today in Amory, MS., but prices are still too high.

Back