• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ISIS / ISIL

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Pretty sure that ISIS also reads US News & World Report. :rolleyes:

Since June, the U.S. military has been slowly stockpiling massive amounts of its gear coming out of Afghanistan at a depot in Kuwait adjacent to a bustling commercial port, in preparation for ultimately shipping it across the border into Iraq for an allied offensive against the Islamic State group.

The facility's warehouses and large asphalt yards now are home to roughly 3,100 vehicles, most of them MRAPs – the mine-resistant, ambush-protected vehicles that have been ubiquitous in America’s prolonged wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. There is also some electronic equipment and other supplies at the depot, located at Kuwait's Shuaiba port, defense officials say.

The gear, primarily from the Army, will be fixed up and held as top U.S. planners in Iraq determine what they’ll need to defeat the Islamic State group in the coming months, says Air Force Maj. Gen. Rowayne “Wayne” Schatz, the director of operations and plans for U.S. Transportation Command.

“From June to December, we’ve worked a lot on moving items into Kuwait,” he says. “The Army is holding the gear there, and it has room to hold it, as the mission fleshes out.”

The U.S. military and its allies are reportedly planning for a massive spring offensive to help Iraqi and Kurdish peshmerga fighters retake territory from the Islamic State group, particularly traditional Sunni Muslim bastions such as Anbar province west of Baghdad and the key city of Mosul.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...s-gear-in-kuwait-ahead-of-anti-isis-offensive

"Boots on the ground, boots on the ground
Can't kick ISIS' ass without boots on the ground."

Or so I've heard...

And once again the "withdrawal method" fails...

The real shame here is that all the excellent US fighting guns/ammo/gear/equipment we "gave" the Iraqis is now in the hands of IS. And that is gear that we will have to destroy to achieve "success". :( I do not believe in giving ANY money or equipment to these cowardly, non-patriotic nations AT ALL. In other words, if they had "ownership" in the fight, maybe they would be less likely to just surrender all of OUR equipment. Yes, it's mine and yours--WE paid for it! :mad:

The real shame here is that all the excellent US fighting guns/ammo/gear/equipment we "gave" the Iraqis is now in the hands of IS. And that is gear that we will have to destroy to achieve "success". :( I do not believe in giving ANY money or equipment to these cowardly, non-patriotic nations AT ALL. In other words, if they had "ownership" in the fight, maybe they would be less likely to just surrender all of OUR equipment. Yes, it's mine and yours--WE paid for it! :mad:

Back just before I retired I spent about a year involved in sending stuff to Kuwait ('82). Quite a lot of stuff. A few years later we had a war over there, and low and behold most of the beans and bullets were in Kuwait already. Go figure.
icon_wink.gif

A message for the West and the US, as well as "Democratic" Muslims, from ISIS ( or whatever ). They aren't kidding about this - they are serious and unless they are totally destroyed they will continue. What the hell is the free world waiting on? An engraved invitation? :mad:

Jurgen Todenhofer, the first Western reporter to embed with Islamic State fighters and not be killed in the process, spoke to Al Jazeera - http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/20...list-surviving-isil-20141224164752725983.html about his time with the terror group.

Todenhofer lived side by side with the jihadist fighters for ten days in the Islamic State-stronghold city of Mosul, Iraq. He was accompanied only by his son, who served as his cameraman.

“I always asked them about the value of mercy in Islam,” but “I didn’t see any mercy in their behavior,” explained Todenhofer. He added, “Something that I don’t understand at all is the enthusiasm in their plan of religious cleansing, planning to kill the non-believers… They also will kill Muslim democrats because they believe that non-ISIL-Muslims put the laws of human beings above the commandments of God.”

The German reporter then elaborated on how shocked he was about how “willing to kill” the ISIS fighters are. He said that they were ready to commit genocide. “They were talking about [killing] hundreds of millions. They were enthusiastic about it, and I just cannot understand that,” said Todenhofer

He warned that the Islamic State “is much stronger than we think,” and that their recruiting has brought motivated jihadis from across the globe. “Each day, hundreds of new enthusiastic fighters are arriving,” explained Todenhofer. “There is an incredible enthusiasm that I have never seen in any other war zones I have been to.”

The journalist asserted that the U.S.-led bombing campaign was not going to stop the Islamic State and its continuing jihad. He told Al Jazeera that he believed the terror group would only be stopped if fellow Sunni Iraqis would rise up against them.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-s...-hundreds-of-millions-in-religious-cleansing/

^^ Play time is over. Waste 'em. Ruthlessly, and permanently. :mad:

'Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.' Gen. Mattis

It is a necessary evil to eliminate the bad seeds of society to keep harmony in the world.

There needs to be a small force of Charles Bronson's assembled, and let them run amuck.

Watch out for this! Given the global dispersion of ISIS and their formal and informal allies, we could get ourselves tied into some serious knots on our own soil if this is not carefully written. o_O

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Thursday that the administration is dedicated to getting a new authorization with bipartisian support. He declined to comment on specific provisions, including how long the authorization will last, what geographical areas it will cover and whether it will allow for the possibility of ground troops. Earnest said those details were still being worked out.

Full story: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...congress-to-authorize-military-force-against/

Agreed.

Although I don't mind fighting them here.

I don't mind fighting them anywhere they are actually.

Just because a bunch of rag heads bent on causing us problems are in our borders already, should not make them exempt from action.

That would be like ignoring the head of a rattlesnake to cut the rattles off of it's tail.

While I do not wish to see Broadway in NY city look like the Gaza strip with bombing runs from fighter jets, there are plenty of other methods that can be used.

Shoot first.

There are supposedly numerous training facilities within the US that have been under observation.

I'm sure they know a lot more about the details than they'll let the NY Times know.

I really need to get those 70gr Barnes loaded up......I mean what if they come and all I have are the 69gr HPBT @ 3000 fps ?...... Oh yeah, it's going to hurt.

They are about to learn the meaning of hurt if they come for a fight.....poor bastards have been fighting Americans that have to fight with rules or they get thrown in a cell.....this American ain't bound by no rules, I'll shoot em in the back with hollow points, cut them while they sleep.....on Christmas because I know they would do me that favor, I will however give them a clean death, a favor I know they wouldn't give me. Depending on my mood someone might be digging their own hole though.

Agreed.

Although I don't mind fighting them here.

I don't mind fighting them anywhere they are actually.

Just because a bunch of rag heads bent on causing us problems are in our borders already, should not make them exempt from action.

That would be like ignoring the head of a rattlesnake to cut the rattles off of it's tail.

While I do not wish to see Broadway in NY city look like the Gaza strip with bombing runs from fighter jets, there are plenty of other methods that can be used.

Shoot first.

There are supposedly numerous training facilities within the US that have been under observation.

I'm sure they know a lot more about the details than they'll let the NY Times know.

If this war authorization bill becomes a reality, it could theoretically contain verbage and authorizations that would preclude your and mine ability to fight them. Such as confiscation of weapons and ammo as an extreme example, but also other less controversial things as well - I could see how this might easily lead to national requirements for ownership/registration, etc. at least as stringent as CA, DC, etc.. Granted that's not likely, but not many people got exercised about the Patriot Act either; and look where that has led us since it was passed.

They are about to learn the meaning of hurt if they come for a fight. poor bastards have been fighting Americans that have to fight with rules or they get thrown in a cell.....this American ain't bound by no rules

Pfft. Geneva convention my ass

21767_1_other_video_games_fire_flamethrower.jpg

it could theoretically contain verbage and authorizations that would preclude your and mine ability to fight them.

Such as confiscation of weapons and ammo as an extreme example, but also other less controversial things as well - I could see how this might easily lead to national requirements for ownership/registration, etc. at least as stringent as CA, DC, etc.. Granted that's not likely, but not many people got exercised about the Patriot Act either; and look where that has led us since it was passed.

The whole key word you wrote so far was THEORETICALLY.

I am waiting to read it myself before making a decision whether I think it's good or bad.

If this war authorization bill becomes a reality, it could theoretically contain verbage and authorizations that would preclude your and mine ability to fight them. Such as confiscation of weapons and ammo as an extreme example, but also other less controversial things as well - I could see how this might easily lead to national requirements for ownership/registration, etc. at least as stringent as CA, DC, etc.. Granted that's not likely, but not many people got exercised about the Patriot Act either; and look where that has led us since it was passed.

If our current administration thinks that this is a possibility then they will have a bigger problem than ISIS. There is no way in hell this country will disarm in the face of an aggressor on our own soil. It's one thing to put the words on paper. It's a completely different thing all together to put those words into action. If our government were smart, and I'm saying they are far from it, they would declare all weapon owning Americans members of a National Militia, responsible for protecting the Homeland under guidelines established by the same. Those that would step up and protect the country would be Citizens...the rest, cannon fodder...

If our current administration thinks that this is a possibility then they will have a bigger problem than ISIS. There is no way in hell this country will disarm in the face of an aggressor on our own soil. It's one thing to put the words on paper. It's a completely different thing all together to put those words into action. If our government were smart, and I'm saying they are far from it, they would declare all weapon owning Americans members of a National Militia, responsible for protecting the Homeland under guidelines established by the same. Those that would step up and protect the country would be Citizens...the rest, cannon fodder...

That's actually a pretty good idea, and probably doable under existing law. It would likely be politically impossible at the federal level, but could be done by most of the States on their own. I know it could be done in MS.

US Code: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/10/A/I/13/311

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied
males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section
313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a
declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States
and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the
National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are -
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard
and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of
the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the
Naval Militia.

MS Constitution: http://www.sos.state.ms.us/ed_pubs/constitution/constitution.asp
ARTICLE 9

MILITIA

SECTION 214. Persons subject to military duty.

SECTION 215. Organization of militia by legislature.

SECTION 216. Appointment and removal of militia officers.

SECTION 217. Governor as commander-in-chief.

SECTION 218. Major-general; brigadier-general.

SECTION 219. Adjutant-general.

SECTION 220. Exemption of militia from arrest for certain offenses.

SECTION 221. Appropriations for Mississippi national guard.

SECTION 222. Support of Mississippi national guard by county boards

supervisors.

SECTION 214. All able-bodied male citizens of the state between the ages of eighteen and forty-five years shall be liable to military duty in the militia of this state, in such manner as the legislature may provide.

SOURCES: 1869 art IX §1.

SECTION 215. The legislature shall provide for the organizing, arming, equipping, and discipline of the militia, and for paying the same when called into active service.

SOURCES: 1817 art “Militia §1; 1832 art “Militia” §1; 1869 art IX §2.

SECTION 216. All officers of militia, except non-commissioned officers, shall be appointed by the governor, by and with the consent of the senate, or elected, as the legislature may determine; and no commissioned officer shall be removed from office except by the senate on suggestion of the governor, stating the ground on which such removal is recommended, or by the decision of a court-martial pursuant to law, or at his own request.

SECTION 217. The governor shall be commander-in-chief of the militia, except when it is called into the service of the United States, and shall have power to call forth the militia to execute the laws, repel invasion and to suppress riots and insurrections.

SOURCES: 1817 art “Militia” §4; 1832 art “Militia” §4; 1869 art IX §5.

SECTION 218. The governor shall nominate, and, by and with the consent of the Senate, commission one major-general for the state, who shall be a citizen thereof, and also one brigadier-general for each congressional district, who shall be a resident of the district for which he shall be appointed, and each district shall constitute a militia division.

SOURCES: 1869 art IX §6.

SECTION 219. The adjutant-general, and other staff officers to the commander-in-chief, shall be appointed by the governor, and their appointment shall expire with the governor's term of office, and the legislature shall provide by law a salary for the adjutant-general commensurate with the duties of said office.

SOURCES: 1869 art IX §7.

SECTION 220. The militia shall be exempt from arrest during their attendance on musters, and in going to and returning from the same, except in case of treason, felony, or breach of the peace.

SOURCES: 1869 art IX §8.

SECTION 221. The legislature is hereby required to make an annual appropriation for the efficient support and maintenance of the Mississippi national guard, which shall consist of not less than one hundred men for each senator and representative to which this state may be entitled in the congress of the United States; but no part of such funds shall be used in the payment of said guard except when in actual service.

SOURCES: 1817 art “Militia” §3; 1832 art “Militia” §3; 1869 art IX §4.

SECTION 222. The legislature shall empower the board of supervisors of each county in the state to aid in supporting a military company or companies of the Mississippi national guard within its borders, under such regulations, limitations, and restrictions as may be prescribed by law.

Back