• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ISIS targeting military families - Army bulletin

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Ok, now it's personal. :mad::mad:

"Given the continued rhetoric being issued by ISIL's media services and supporters through various social media platforms the ARTIC is concerned of the possibility of an attack," the bulletin says. "Soldiers, Government Civilians and Family Members are reminded to be vigilant of their surroundings and report suspicious activities to their respective military or local law enforcement."

One section cites a jihadist tweet calling on lone offenders to use the "yellow pages" and social media to identify the addresses of military families, and to "show up [at their homes] and slaughter them."

A military source familiar with the four-page document said the warnings are taken seriously because increasing the costs of security is a deliberate and strategic goal for Al Qaeda senior leadership – though the Islamic State has split with Al Qaeda.

The Army said in a written statement that protection levels at installations “have not changed.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...y-personnel-on-isis-threat-to-family-members/

Here's the Army Bulletin (download PDF ) https://publicintelligence.net/artic-isil-threats-homeland/

No better reason to give all active military ammo and weapons to defend themselves. Government agents are allowed to carry, even on base and in government buildings, , why not military?

I'm sure we all heard what happened today in Chattanooga... Considering the situation our country is in members of our armed forces should be authorized to carry a sidearm while on duty & be issued a ccw, along with firearms training for their families... If they can be trusted to be armed to the teeth in a combat zone, they she be trusted to have the means to defend themselves here...

It's only fair, and they should really relax CCW rules to have more good guys armed around, period. If anything happened here in sheep land (Cali) it would be a blood bath because no one would/could return fire. But, and I was just talking about this with a buddy, we all know that it's the last thing they'd do.

At least here in Fla. we have reasonable ccw laws, & guns are a common thing here, NOBODY looks at you like your nuts...

I'm proud to say that Indiana has already enacted such a rule/law that allows any military personnel to carry their personal firearms, on base etc..., as long as they have a CCW. The State Police will be working, with the military, to expedite the CCW process for any of them that wish to carry but do not have a CCW yet.

Randy

I am glad that there are some politicians willing to do the right thing.

I don't disagree with that.

But seems like lately, feels like "some of them" being good is a monumental achievement.

Back