• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Issue with 930 SPX Stock

I think I found the problem. Because the plunger came out accidentally when I turned it upside down, I naturally assume the long skinny piece ( Pinocchio's nose ) stuck into the spring. I just watched a video and it looks like the flat piece goes up against the spring and the long Pinocchio nose piece goes towards the bolt correct.

Intuitively, I would have bet my life the long skinny piece went into the spring it just fits so perfect.

Yes. The long small end protrudes into the reciever and engages the pivoting link of the bolt.

Hope I didn't screw anything up long term because I cycled it a few dozen times and it cycled, but I could just tell something was "off". The trigger when pulled sound like a soft dud and when I cycled it just didn't seem to have that snap to it.

Unfortunately because the gun was brand-new, I didn't have a clue what it normally sounded like so had no comparison. So like an idiot I kept cycling it. But it loaded and ejected shells like a pro still :)

Hopefully I didn't damage anything

Oops!!! Have a piece I just saw laying on the ground. Maybe goes to the trigger assembly? I heard something can drop out of that if you're not careful. Uploading pic now

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you hanging around in case I had an issue. Amazing to think that at 4 o'clock in the morning i have a fellow man out there waiting to assist :)

I'm a 25 year licensed master repair plumber. If you ever have a question....

Here you can see how the tail of the bolt link engages the recoil plunger.
Pay no mind that mine is bare aluminum, I made a different plunger that is slightly lighter than the factory piece.

Here you can see the two trigger assembly bushings. I'm pretty sure one of those is what fell out of your assembly.

All of these parts slide into the tube.

And the pin retains them.

Perfect shots. Thanks. I had already assembled it prior but think it's all good now. She sounds like I would think it should sound.

Funny about that plunger going the opposite way. In every other gun I would swear the the long part would have went into the spring. DEFINATELY not intuitive

Glad I decided to completely disassemble it and put it all back together. Something I should've done the day I got it!

Thanks again for your time. I heard the aluminum one you have helps for cycling lighter loads. Did it?

I can't say whether it makes a difference as I've never tried to shoot reduced power loads.
My plunger is lighter, but the spring rate is still at the factory level.
However, parts in my gas system are bit lighter overall than the stock parts, and maybe my plunger being lighter would let lights load work, even though the spring rate is not reduced.

Back