• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I've been waiting 25 years for this BIG MOMENT tomorrow

nitesite said:
Yeah, those Modern Musket threads have been incredible fo follow. They are just amazing and I've learned a LOT from them.

carbinemike, I did put a USGI wood stock on it that I got from the CMP South store in Anniston, AL. Believe it or not, my plans for refinishing this one won't happen. If I want to lay this rifle down on rough concrete or rocks well I can just go right ahead and do so! I did buy a second stock when I was there which I may one day strip and refinish, but for now I'm just storing it. Both stocks were already glass bedded by a military armory and they fit really snug, which along with my Nosler Ballistic Tip handloads are shooting into 0.75" at 50-yards with irons.

I shot it this summer as often as I could, but after last months vacation and then working almost non-stop since I got back it left me with precious little free time. The rifle is such a pussycat to shoot, almost no recoil. Now my schedule is back to normal and the murderous heat of summer is past and autumn is in full swing so it's going to go out a LOT more often.

I bought a beautiful stock set from a friend here that is going to go on my 590 and I'll take a pic of my work guns (a 1911, an M1A and a shotgun) all with wood furniture. They'll all look pretty retro compared to todays modern black guns!

Went to the range yesterday and shot my buddies 16 Socom. Loads of fun! He also picked up some Hornady subsonic loads ( by mistake!) which gave us a huge scare since we thought it was a squib at first... Didn't even cycle the bolt.

I'm glad I was able to complete your "wood" collection my friend! :D

nitesite said:
along with my Nosler Ballistic Tip handloads are shooting into 0.75" at 50-yards with irons.

That's real nice shooting Nitesite. You already answered the quesion I forgot to ask...if you were shooting your own loads yet. Nice picture too. They look great, especially with that big metal magazine hanging out the bottom. Thanks for the update!

I just can't get over how good looking the old school walnut looks on that firearm. Something about good old wood and steel gets you all fuzzy on the inside. Its tough to get excited over polymer unless its hydro dipped in something cool like ATACS or similar.

http://www.sparrowhawkm14.com/

Also if you wanna plug up that selector hole with a dummy knob those folks have a few options. Fairly cheap too IMO. It would be cool to have the fun switch that actually does something but this is a nice alternative to make it look correct.

Back