• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Jan Lechner - 930 kills my shoulder

jan lechner

Copper BB
Trying to find a 12ga 2 3/4 or 3" shell for my 930 autoloader that is kind to my body (shoulder). I want to stick with 00 Buck or 4 Buck min. My 930 will not cycle any lo recoil rds. Any suggestions ?

Limbsaver is the way to go. You will not be dissapointed with it.
Makes a world of difference on my 590.

Last edited:
What rounds have you shot exactly.

My 930 cycles birdshot 1100fps loads just fine.

Cycles federal low recoil buckshot fine as well.

^ You got one of the few WM.

Mine wouldn't cycle anything under 1300 fps without modification...

How bout the federal FliteControl 2-3/4" "full power" 00 at 1345 fps?

Fiocchi 00 buckshot shoots noticablely softer than most buckshot I've tried and functions 100% in my 930. Buy a box or two of a few different types and try them in your gun. If you're getting beat up by a gas operated autoloader, reevaluate your stance and as others have mentioned, get the Limbsaver recoil pad. I have it and it's a huge improvement. The factory recoil pad is way better than most but the Limbsaver is still worth buying.

Ammo aside, an aggressive shooting stance will go a LONG way toward mitigating the force of recoil. I don't get the 930's out of the safe for anything less than 150-200 rounds. The Push-Pull method demonstrated in the video below is effective for semi-autos as well. This stance turns your body into a shock absorber and works like a charm...

Back