• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

JM Pro 22"

Paul605

Just got back from the range with my brand new 930 JM Pro. Sweet weapon. Had done a thorough clean after i picked it up from the dealer this afternoon, and still had good daylight for a little shooting. Since I am one of the Rangemasters, I get access anytime I want.

The weapon did just exactly as I anticipated it would. Not even a hiccup! Shot 50 rounds of Winchester SuperSpeed 2-3/4" 1350 fps, 1 oz #6 Low Brass through it. It was lightning fast and cycled just as I thought it should.

The cleaning I did prior to the range produced only light materials on the cleaning equipment. No heavy lubes were found. Perhaps I was lucky in this respect!

I was also what I would consider lucky in that the magazine tube is the one normally found on the 24" model...yup...I easily loaded 9+1. Even tried the "ghost load" and rolled 11 out just as fast as I could pull the trigger.

I found no slop in the trigger group attachment, and the trigger stop only required a "tweek" to put it right where it needs to live.

Now for the questions please.

I apparently do not understand the "in battery" indicator found inside the trigger guard. It seems to remain in the same position no matter the position of the bolt. Is this normal? Is it something I need to address? Is it the indication of a more important problem?

Also, there were no chokes or choke wrench included in the box. Are they still shipping with the Accu-Chokes? What would be the best way to remedy the problem if in fact they should have been there?

All in all, I am very pleased. If you are like me, and are reading this forum trying to make a buying decision, I can only say dig out the wallet and lay your money down...

That indicator inside the trigger housing is a "cocking indicator", per the manual. In other words, it just lets you know the hammer is cocked.

That indicator inside the trigger housing is a "cocking indicator", per the manual. In other words, it just lets you know the hammer is cocked.
Thank-you fort your reply! Does it always protrude? Mine "protrudes a slight bit more when the bolt is out of battery...but it is certainly not enough difference for me to be able to discern with just touching it.

Back