• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

JM Pro increase LOP

dude

.22LR
Supporter
Hi

I am 6,2 and I need to extend LOP on my JM Pro shotgun.
I have tried slip-on recoil pads from Limbsaver and Allen.
In both cases, I have to readjust pad after # number of shoots.
Allen works better because it has stronger sides but I still need to readjust after 25 rounds.
With my Remington 870 12 ga, I was able to use Remington 870 youth spacer kit.
Do you know if Mossberg makes stock spacers for Mossberg Youth Bantam?
Can I use them on JM Pro stock?
Or can you recommend spacers for the original stock?

I sent multiple questions to Mossberg, but I got no reply.
Hopefully I can find some answers here.

Howdy fellas and welcome to the forum.

Can't recall seeing any such modification being performed and posted here yet and I'm not aware of any type of extension kit for the factory 930 stock. Haven't taken any measurements, but the direct fit Limbsaver I installed on one of mine is virtually the same length as the factory butt pad. ATI's new 930 Raven stock is great option as a replacement stock and offers a wide range of adjustment including multi-position length of pull adjustment. It is a pistol gripped stock though and not the same profile as the more traditional factory stock.

If you're looking to keep the factory stock, and are of a mind to do it yourself, you might consider making a set of spacers. Home Depot, Lowes, or your local hardware store should have a selection of cheap 1/4" rubber floor mats that'd be perfect for material. Simply trace the outline of your stock end, cut and trim as many as necessary to fit, then punch your holes and screw the factory pad back on behind 'em. You'll likely need to buy a couple longer screws as well.

Wish I knew of an easier solution, but most of the time we're dealing with us guys and our T-Rex arms trying to figure out ways to shorten the stocks. I'll keep my eyes open as I drift around the interwebs and post back if I luck up on any other viable solution. Good luck and keep us posted...

I was thinking a block of black Delrin plastic, a Dremel , a drill and some sand paper would make a nice spacer. Get the contour close, mark the holes, drill, install longer screws, mount it and finish the contour with sand paper

Back