• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Joined the ranks of the 930 owners. Wow!

Where does it seem best for momentary on pressure pad to be?

• toward trigger area

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

inygma

.22LR
Work in progress and some advice'd be great re: where the remote momentary light switch is best thought placed. Have an Urbino stock enroute, and then the 8 shell Mesa Aluminum 8 round Shureshell on receiver. Man this thing shoots like a dream.SAM_0739.JPGSAM_0728.JPG SAM_0728.JPG SAM_0741.JPG SAM_0739.JPG SAM_0728.JPG SAM_0741.JPG

That's a nice looking 930 you have there. I'm glad to hear it's such a nice shooter for you. Sorry that I can't help with advice on your question as I don't have any lights with remote switches.

My preference for operating light controls is with my forward/support hand.

The trigger hand already has an important job to do. Better to leave it free to focus on manipulating the trigger and safety...

I don't have lights on my shotguns but if I had one I would make sure it is easily accessible while shooting from either side, you never know when you have to change hands.

My preference for operating light controls is with my forward/support hand.

The trigger hand already has an important job to do. Better to leave it free to focus on manipulating the trigger and safety...

I went with front hand. Wife is left, I'm right, made REAL good sense since she can use a thumb, I can use index finger. I have some wire shortening to do to clean it up a bit, I'm OCD about such. Urbino is days away, THEN I'll have momma test drive her. I love this gun. We used Wingmasters as our patrol shotguns but I'm pretty taken with it. Mossberg apparently listened to feedback because I've had none of the FTF issues. 'Course ya don't feed an animal bird seed either, so I stick with High brass. Love this forum, always new ideas.

Good deal.

Be sure to post some pics once it's outfitted and let us know how the Mrs. likes it...

I used a pressure switch once and I hated it. My light setup now is to just have my TLR-1S with the regular activation cap mounted a few inches away from where I hold normally. The mount I have been using on my 930 is a Streamlight 69906. I did a pretty in-depth review of it on the shotgun world forum. As an indication of how well this mount has worked for me, this review was nearly two years ago, my 870 has had four different mounts since but my 930's mount has remained unchanged. GG&G makes something similar but I don't recommend it. I tried it on my 870 and it created a significant gap inside the magazine that caused my spring to get caught and stop feeding. No such problem with the Streamlight mount.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=321647

Back