• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just bought a 930 JM and this forum is scaring me

I think over all quality control is down in the industry and they are rushing production due to demand.
My own stats :
Remigton 870 – two trips to factory
Ruger GP 100 – one trip
Sig P938 – two trips to factory

I have a friend, he got his Mossberg pump 10 years ago and it works fine.
This year, he purchased 20 gauge pump and it would not cycle shells.

I think there are multiple factors at work with this.

In my lifetime I have only ever had two issues with guns that required warranty work. First was an 11-87 I had about 20 years ago. it literally failed on the 1st or second shot when I was 350 miles from home on a hunting trip with no backup gun (multiple lessons learned here). Fortunately I live near a repair center and had it fixed in a week. Second was a Kel-Tek handgun ...I honestly can't remember what broke any more. Anyway I had the new part from them within a week.

Every company, manufacturer etc can and will have issues at some point. How they handle issues is just as important.

I have lots of ideas on why quality control seems to be diminishing lately but it is all pure speculation.

Well at least their customer service is good. They didn't give me any grief just said they would send out the parts.

I hope I didn't make a mistake, I am seeing a lot of problems with this gun on here and I'm a little concerned. I hoping that because this is a Mossberg forum I am seeing a few problems out of thousands of guns that are out there and I won't have these problems.

Don't be worried I just got one myself with the 24" barrel. Cleaned it and took it shooting 100 rounds no problem. I even mixed 2 3/4 and 3" wanting to see if it would eat them all. It did and I just put a rail and a C-more sight on it.

Tim

Back