• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

just got an offer

celt1314

I just got an offer to trade up to a 835 from the 535 i just got this weekend. He wants a slug gun and i was going to sell my slug barrel to get a field barrel to cut down for hd. I could trade the gun with just the slug barrel and sell the field barrel from the 535 to either buy the hd barrel for the 835 or a mag extension or some other pieces and parts to make it a bit tactical......any input?

2012-12-01_11-47-56_123.jpg

My 535 with slug barrel

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

His 835 some pitting on the barrel

Be aware that due to the overboring of the 835 barrel you will not be able to safely shoot slugs out a cut down field barrel.

Aside from that restriction, all other stocks for the 500 should fit it so you should have plenty of aftermarket options.

I believe the 590 barrels will fit it but will not accept the 3 1/2" shells. I also believe the 590 extensions will work as well.

I'm not really planning in shooting slugs but yes that is a consideration I'm thinking about. Right now i have a shotgun thatwill put anything in North America on my dinner plate...

If you are OK with the slug restriction, I think the 835 is a bit more versatile in terms of HD/tactical options.

But it all comes down to what your upgrade plans are and how you will be using it.

Mostly for hd, but need a shtf gun that will also put food on the table of things break down. We used to hunt deer with 00....

Back