• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just Loaded My First 40 Rounds

honkey

.270 WIN
reloads.jpg

I used the 158 gr LSWC that nitesite (thanks again!) gave to me a few weeks ago and loaded up my first 40 rounds. I made them as light loads with 2.8 grains of Bullseye. I'll shoot them sometime this week hopefully.

Dude,

Those look like professionally loaded rounds! I'm REAL proud of you, and proud FOR you!!!!

The 2.8-gr Bullseye load is going to be a pussycat load but will most likely be extremely accurate, so make sure your fiance gets a turn at shooting them!

You need some more bullets just let me know. I have a bunch of 'em!

A new reloader man is in our midst, so pay him some respect!

Thanks! I am looking forward to shooting a few of them, but I really want my fiancee to shoot some so I can see if she will get comfortable with my .38. She has only ever put 3 rounds through it and she said it hurt her hand, she didn't like how far she had to pull the trigger, and then the trigger break kept taking her by surprise. Maybe with these light loads she will get used to it.

I don't think I need more bullets... Just more lead. I have a few pounds of wheel weights and a few ingots, but I have around 25-30 lbs of bullets I collected while bermining that I need to smelt and I want to get more wheel weights to mix with them.

I haven't had the chance to cast any myself yet. I need to get more lead. These bullets came from nitesite and I think he got them from Cabelas. I am following the rainy day approach, so when I do cast, I will try to cast around 1,000 at a time. I had actually sized and primed around 1,000 cases the day before I loaded these.

Right on Honkey. It is really rewarding and fun when you reload. The first 20 rounds i loaded was a total gong show when i got to the range. I kept flinching because i was so paranoid that i made a mistake and that my barrel and action would blow apart on me. I've settled down now and have gained a little more confidence. Some guys push their charges over the max load that's written in their manual but i'm not at that level yet where i want to play around with it. For a $100.00, for the price of my components, i can load 5 boxes of 338 Win Mag ammo whereas i was paying $70.00 for a box of factory rounds before. That's $350.00 worth of rounds for a $100.00.

should be fun to shoot, I have some that look just like those my Grandpa loaded up that I shoot out of my Contender .357 barrel. Someday I'll get a die when I don’t have any of Gramps reloads left.

honkey~~~~

How's the reloading & bullet casting going???????

Doing any shooting these days?

We should hook up at Swan Creek soon.

nitesite said:
honkey~~~~

How's the reloading & bullet casting going???????

Doing any shooting these days?

We should hook up at Swan Creek soon.

Yeah, I'd like to hook up soon. I had to take a break from posting on here due to the amount of work I've been doing. (About 60 hours a week plus school) so I haven't had much time for anything. Things should slow down soon when I quit one of my 3 jobs and I will shoot you a note.

Back