• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Kahr Arms

Anyone a fan of Kahr here?

Title says all. Curious if anyone here is a fan or Kahr Arms. On a whim I handled a few today at the funshow and surprisingly I liked the way they felt in the hand. I've seen em around before but never gave Kahr's much thought. The price on the CW series isn't too bad and I'm thinking of finding something a bit more conceal friendly size in .45 to compliment my full size 1911. I might be tempted to try one but thought I'd ask if anyone around here had any experience with the CW or any other Kahr product beforehand.

Merged your topic here.

Kahr has a reputation for impeccable machining and quality pistols. I've had my P380 for a few years and it's my go-to for light carry...

Re: Anyone a fan of Kahr here?

jgwills said:
Title says all. Curious if anyone here is a fan or Kahr Arms. On a whim I handled a few today at the funshow and surprisingly I liked the way they felt in the hand. I've seen em around before but never gave Kahr's much thought. The price on the CW series isn't too bad and I'm thinking of finding something a bit more conceal friendly size in .45 to compliment my full size 1911. I might be tempted to try one but thought I'd ask if anyone around here had any experience with the CW or any other Kahr product beforehand.
"Try it you'll like it!" I've been a fan for years. Pics when I'm not on the phone.

*trying to remember the old tv commercial that is from*

Didn't see the Kahr thread already established. Thanks for the merger LES.

I'm going to finish up my 1911 and AR projects first and then seriously consider picking up one of those CW45 models.

jgwills said:
Didn't see the Kahr thread already established. Thanks for the merger LES.

I'm going to finish up my 1911 and AR projects first and then seriously consider picking up one of those CW45 models.

No problem...

My K9. What I like best about it is the trigger pull. It's just buttery smooth....a little bit long, but sooo smooth, like a real slick double action revolver.

where would you rate a Kahr in the pecking order of pistols ? better than? not as good as?......been eyeing them a little for my mom

I have a touch of exp with Keltec , neat but so far haven't seen one that was 100% one had bad extraction problems, a 380 and one 9mm that had feeding problems.....heard some of you say "fluff and buff"......I don't really want to look at a pistol that needs that out of the box, does Kahr require this ?

The fit and finish on Kahr pistols is superb.

Not even in the same ballpark as Keltec. I would consider a Kahr pistol as like a Glock with tighter tolerances. Keep in mind that there are different lines within the brand. Their P and T-series pistols feature match grade polygonal rifling, machined slide stops, and drift adjustable dovetail front sights. P-series models ship with three mags.

Their C-series pistols are their self described "value series" which feature conventional rifling, MIM slide stops, and pinned front sights. C-series models ship with only one mag. Even with the downgrades from their P and T-series models, the C-series models are still far superior to Keltec in fit and finish.

My P380 is an excellent little pistol. It's been reliable from the start and has had no functional issues at all...

Back