• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

KeepShooting.com M&P22 magazine review

JRExplorer3

.270 WIN
I purchased 2 new magazines from United Defense LLC at keepshooting.com on 1/20/17. Here is my review:
THIS GOES FOR ANY KS MAGAZINE THEY SELL.....ymmv

I received them on 1/27/17 and am less than satisfied.
Both mags were loaded with CCI Mini Mags and neither has been able to feed correctly.

They both jammed from the start. When it does feed it doesn't fully go into battery without a nudge. The FTF and/or double feed jam does not instill any confidence my gun will work when needed or safely. I have visually checked the magazine feed lips and nothing appears wrong.
I have not tried to adjust, bend, or modify the feed lips as I feel when buying new I should not need to modify to work.

To quote directly from their website and description:
"We've now been able to produce a cost effective and 100% reliable magazine for the popular Smith and Wesson M&P22 pistol."

I reinserted the single S&W factory mag and it functions as normal.
This handgun has been 100% reliable with the single factory magazine and multiple brands of ammo with no FTF or FTE's.

I have contacted the vendor and am currently waiting on a response.
They do have a 100% guarantee or I can get a full refund.
I do appreciate being able to return but what I really want is a couple of functional magazines....

I have manually run through a few mags.
It seems to have gotten better but 1 mag still has issues.
Problem @ :45 mark

Have emailed several times with no response.
Subsequent research reveals Keepshooting.com has a less than stellar reputation.
Seems they delete or hold back any negative reviews of their products.
Customer service isn't there.
I have to pay return shipping for a defective item? Not worth my time and I'll take it as a learning experience. In the end I will try to modify the feed lips on these "New" magazines and maybe, just maybe, I can get them to be reliable enough for range use.

My recommendation for Keepshooting.com is to stay away and shop elsewhere for a product that actually works when new.

Since my review of the product hasn't shown up on site I will post it here:

S&W M&P22 Magazine - KeepShooting Brand
Your Review (submitted on January 31, 2017):
I ordered 2 M&P 22 12 round magazines from KeepShooting.com.
Out of the package both magazines jammed. After cycling through many rounds, approx 100 ea. mag, one mag seems to function OK. The other mad still fails to feed correctly and fails to fully go into battery without a nudge.
Ordered on 1/20/17. Sent an e-mail the day I received the items, 1/27/17, and have not received any response after 4 days. 15 days to return an item. Best not to contact them through email.
For the cost of the mags it isn't worth it to pay shipping back for a return.

Ordered a few different things from them before but it's been a few years.

Some grease gun mags to use in a Mac 10 (45). A few AR mags, which admittedly have been really good after installing magpul followers. And the thread adapter for my P22 to convert it to 1/2-28.

I believe most of the mags they sell are Asian imports though. But try finding surplus GI grease gun mags these days. You'd probably find hens teeth quicker.

Also, in response to your online review, palmetto state armory censors their reviews too. I tried submitting an honest and fair review of one of their midlength uppers that had issues and they never did post it publically. And I submitted it twice. Always got busy signals (even after hours which indicated they had the phone off the hook), and no response to email requests to return it.

I don't buy from psa anymore either. For the same reason you mentioned here. But post that experience online at popular forums and you'll be called unfair to them because they never had trouble returning anything, were a great company and you're a liar and a host of other things.

Sorry they aren't standing behind their products.

Update:
To be fair and honest.

I was finally contacted by KeepShooting.com
They issued a RMA# and sent a prepaid shipping label via email.
We shall see how long it takes to receive my full refund, including shipping, back onto my card.
I do appreciate their efforts to return the magazines but it does not change my opinion or functionality of the magazines.

I still stand by my review of a malfunctioning magazine.

On another note:
I ordered (2) 12 rnd. M&P22 Fullsize and (1) 10 rnd. M&P22C S&W factory magazines from Natchez Shooters Supplies. Both are in stock and on sale.
sthumb.gif

To keep updated on return:

Package status:
February 6, 2017 , 10:20 am Delivered, In/At Mailbox
NEW OXFORD, PA 17350

Will update on how long till I receive my refund.

To keep updated on return:

Package status:
February 6, 2017 , 10:20 am Delivered, In/At Mailbox
NEW OXFORD, PA 17350

Will update on how long till I receive my refund.

3 days since they received the magazines back.
No contact.
No response to my email about when I can expect my refund back.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Tues. 2/14/17

Finally received my refund after threatening to open a dispute with the card company.
No reply to my email though.

Finally I can close this transaction with Keepshooting.com

Do your research and know the reviews posted on their site ARE censored to only show positive reviews.

Back