1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Kommunism komes to Kalifornia

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Related' started by CaddmannQ, Dec 4, 2017.

1. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I'm pretty sure that this is how Khrushchev used to operate and probably his contemporaries still do....

Everybody loved Gerawan farming. They paid on time, checks always cleared you got in, you got out, you got your money & went home.

They were the biggest agricultural operation in the state where agriculture is the largest economy, and in fact the largest part of the world's sixth largest economy (were indeed California an independent sovereign nation, or so they say...)

So when the unions came around and organized everybody, everybody signed up because it was the thing to do if you wanted to look legit. It cost you some money.... but welcome to America, that's how it is... everything costs you some money.

But still it was the highest paid place in the state, and so the union never bothered to come up with a contract, and everybody was happy.

Until now 2 decades later the state of California says that if the farmer and the farm workers do not come up with a contract under the normal Union procedures the state will impose a contract of its own device.

Governor Brown and Kevin De Leon, and our legislators all rubber stamp this, but the district courts overturned it, as clearly being past any reasonable statute of limitations.

They were immediately overruled by the state supreme court with no action of the legislature whatsoever.

Nobody voted. The citizens did not Congress. The three part checks-and-balance system fell completely apart.

But, (as Paul Harvey would say) that's not the end of the story!

Tesla Motors finds itself in the same situation! Well paid workers but no Union Contracts! ...and someone with an axe to grind is claiming the best and the brightest in the whole state (and the business which Brown and DeLeon & most legislators bent over backwards and kissed butt to elevate) is mistreating their workers and needs to be unionized immediately.

Well, Heavens above, The People have spoken! & We can't have any Non-Democratic non sense in this state!

But in Kalifornia, the meaning of the word Democratic has reversed 180° from the marble halls of ancient Greece.

Soon Tesla's will be effectively built by state workers. Working for a company controlled by the state under a union controlled by the state through a contract written by the state authorized by the governor the legislators and the state supreme court and ignored by the young people of California who are all stuck to their PlayStations right now.

Anyhow Khrushchev would be proud of the way Brown is spending his last year in office.

He should just put on the brown shirt and the armband and be done with it.
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Tesla will do what many gun owners, and gun manufacturers have done.

Move to a state that's better for them.

Yes, it would cost some money to move that big fancy production facility, and it may even close the doors of the company if they're not generating enough revenue to cover their costs regardless of which way it goes.

Shame on kalifornia.

(yes I said it again).
    cmcdonald likes this.
  3. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Even the liberal newspapers are starting to come down on these guys.

If the state decides to force everyone to join a union what are people going to do?

The state of California has told Tesla, it that if they don't agree, the incentives Tesla was getting will go to their competition.

It's quite illegal for politicians to take bribes, but on the other hand they seem to give them out with great regularity.

Threats, extortion, racketeering, bribery... life with Governor Brown is like living in a Hollywood movie.
  4. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

More of our Democrat Statesman are showing up on the list of guys accused of sexual naughtiness.

And Governor Brown is going ballistic about the fact that he's going to pay a lot more taxes this year under Trump's program. Of course he tells us that we're the ones who will be paying more taxes, but how it works is that he gets to deduct a huge portion of his federal taxes due to our high state taxes.

Under the new plan I will probably pay another $1,000 a year and Brown will pay another $500,000 a year. Feinstein boxer and Pelosi will all find themselves in that same bracket, where the high state taxes they pay aren't really felt because they essentially get a huge rebate from federal tax payers.
    meanstreak likes this.
  5. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

This is how California forces the rest of the country to help pay for its social experiments:

We have huge state taxes, but we all get a huge rebate from the federal government.

Guys the politicians here are screaming about Trump's plan to remove the federal deduction on state income tax.
    John A. likes this.
  6. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Kind of Ironic that they would go after Elon Musk.

He is one of the greatest proponants of solar power, reduced emissions, etc. (I don't agree with everything he does but he is an interesting guy and a real visionary who is actually doing what he dreams up.) Guess they waited for him to create a pretty good footprint there before they decided it was time.

I'm not sure what can be done there, the voice of reason has been ounumberd and drowned out. That may happen nationally sooner than later if the republicans continue to confuse their left from their right and undermine their own.

The second irony is that so many of the progressives that try to remove the 2A claiming no government would do that to its people are representative and supportive of that very thing. They do not see it as tyranny, they see it as democracy.
  7. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I see it as idiocy.
    MikeD likes this.
  8. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Well there is no honor among Thieves. Deals were made in both directions and now the parties involved will have to duke it out.