• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Laserlyte Shotgun Tri-Rail Mounting System: Mossberg 500

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
p687870204-3.jpg

p990340715-3.jpg

When looking for a picitinny rail mount for a Mossberg 500 with an 18.5 barrel and heat shield you will find that there are not a lot of options available. In my search I came across the laserlyte shotgun tri-rail mounting system for the Mossberg 500. What is nice about this piece is that it uses the same holes that mount the heat shield to also mount the picitanny rail mount. This allows you to keep your heat shield while adding a picitinny rail mount which is exactly what I was looking for. The picitinny rail mount installed within minutes with just two screws. The mount seems to be a very sturdy and quality piece but I have not put enough rounds through my Mossberg 500 with it mounted to confirm this. I have approximately 800 rounds through it so far and its holding up great. This may not be the best picitanny rail mount for your Mossberg 500 but it certainly is one of the best when you are in my position. I would highly recommend this mount but advise that if you don't need a heat shield there are plenty of other mounts that I would choose over this one.

Ahh, I get it! It looks like a good set up with the heat shield!

It certainly doesn't have the quality of the CDM mounts but for the price and few options there are to use when installing with a heat shield the mount is great.

how much of a hassle does this make changing barrels? Ideally I want to be able to remove my 18.5" barrel/ heat shield/tri mount off the mag tube as one piece.
Is it just a question of loosening the screws and sliding the barrel off?

Also, how difficult was it to install over the heatshield? I had a nightmare of a time installing the shield, included screws were too short and took quite a bit of bending and clamping to get it on (and damaged the shield in the process.)

I have one of these on my 20" barrel with 7 shot mag tube.

you can mount this directly to the mag tube or to the heat shield. I have mine mounted to the shield and it slides off the mag tube when removing the barrel. I remover the barrel, shield, and tri-rail as one unit. It comes with new screws to use.

Back