• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

latest info on braces?

i am real late to the party but am wondering if braces still can be bought for and installed on the shockwave. there is alot of info on the web but most is dated.

i can find none for sale and that lead me to this question.

if someone is not using theirs and would like to sell it i would be interested provided they are still legal. thanks

i am real late to the party but am wondering if braces still can be bought for and installed on the shockwave. there is alot of info on the web but most is dated.

i can find none for sale and that lead me to this question.

if someone is not using theirs and would like to sell it i would be interested provided they are still legal. thanks
Something like this? No guess as to legality as there are competing federal entities, as well as state, county and municipalities with their own interpretation. …02025CCF-3FDE-41B1-AAB8-DBB2F6963B5D.png

Last edited:
The short answer is anything that adds length, but which can be removed, can change the legal definition as to whether it's a firearm or whether it is reclassified into a short barrel shotgun (sbs).

Plus, the aft in all of their wisdom are redifining the legality of braces altogether, which are supposed to come into effect in a few months. So even if it's legal right now, doesn't mean that it would be in a few months.

The fact that you can't find one, is telling.

The manufacturers and distributors are not making/selling them because they don't want to be stuck with a lot of inventory that they can't sell, and may cause them to not only lose money, but also find themselves potentially in hot water as some who are selling certain firearm parts and accessories right now.

My sincere suggestion; just don't.

The reason braces are hard to find now is people are buying them up in droves - I just bought two more -

Screw the alphabet boys and their never ending rules or fear of whats 'banned' next - have you heard of anyone prosecuted for a bump stock? Yet I'd love to know how many were willingly turned in? The attitude sometimes in the gun community is just 'oh well its going to be banned so may as well not bother' - yes bumpstocks were dumb but an example - Do you think in the AWB of 94 everyone just turned in their 30 round AR mags

If you want a brace, buy it now, assuming its legal in your state (Illinois, California, NJ/NY who knows what goes there)

If it were me I would buy the Ergo AR15 adapter for the Mossberg, the SBA3 brace separate, and then you can add whichever AR-style pistol grip you want -

This shop shipped fast for me - a buffer tube is easy to obtain elsewhere, you can get black with no buffer tube or FDE with buffer tube - FDE would be cool with the matching Magpul forend - if you get black just order a mil spec buffer tube and a castle nut and you're good to go-

https://www.armorally.com/shop/sb-tactical-sba3-pistol-stabilizing-ar-brace/

I'm not getting into the debate of 'what may happen in the future', if you want to brace the Shockwave, go for it - its your weapon

I don't disagree Ricky Bobby.

I'm past the point of considering just ignoring it and putting a stock on it altogether.

Unconstitutional is just that.

Shall not be infringed and all.

Repeal NFA, GCA, etc... These laws do nothing to lessen crime and only inconvenience law abiding citizens.

Relatedly, I just read something about Juggernaut and how their "featureless" pistol grip is bunching the panties of L.A. and Cali lawmakers... :rolleyes:

When the SHTF, no one is going to care if you have a brace or regular stock on that Shockwave... ;)

I agree John A - are we getting to the days where we are worried about who’s going into our safes?
When SHTF the NFA and GCA and alphabet bois do not exist anymore, be prepared - which is why many of us with AR pistols have corresponding partner rifles as well

for me when I had a Shockwave it was literally just to have a shorter setup ready to throw a stock on when SHTF…. And honestly, things get banned all the time. No one is lining up to turn it in. Build what you want, keep it discreet and keep it in your safe -

My personal opinion, AFT, as well as most all other bureuacratic agencies, have been unchecked for far too long and have overstepped their constitutional authority far too many times.

This constant "it is ok", "it isn't OK now" goalpost moving reclassifying everything while completely ignoring actual law while ignoring the constitution has finally worn out its' welcome and usefulness as where I am concerned and they're too worried about politics than their actual mission.

When they make honest people felons by regulation rather than actual law, that's a bridge too far.

Back