• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Legal to laminate a CHL?

Tom396

.30-06
I'll get an answer to this myself, by asking a local sheriff's deputy, but I was just curious if anyone here already knew. Can a NC Concealed Handgun License be legally laminated? How about in other states? Take care. Tom Worthington

Tom396 said:
I'll get an answer to this myself, by asking a local sheriff's deputy, but I was just curious if anyone here already knew. Can a NC Concealed Handgun License be legally laminated? How about in other states? Take care. Tom Worthington

Hmm. Never heard anything one way or the other about that in MS. Don't see why not tho. DL's and Military ID is laminated.

I have laminated several of my important records that I keep in my wallet.

Unless there is some weird reason why you can't, I've never heard anything to the contrary.

I've always been told that you shouldn't laminate your Social Security Card... But then again some states issue CCW cards in the same format as Drivers licenses... I think your local PD will (should) know best.

^ Yup, here in TN our CHL comes laminated with watermarks, etc. just like our driver's license...

speedyquad said:
My license is laminated just like my drivers license...i'm in PA

Me too Speedy.

aksavanaman said:
I've always been told that you shouldn't laminate your Social Security Card

Just great. When I finally get to go in and sign up to get back the money I put in, they will probably disqualify me because I laminated my card..."we're sorry but you laminated your card. You'll have to work at McDonalds or WalMart".

My SS card is almost entirely unreadable and wrinkled and tattered around the edges. The last time that I used it, a photocopy was made and it was so light that when it was faxed, it was nearly a blank page LOL

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
^ Yup, here in TN our CHL comes laminated with watermarks, etc. just like our driver's license...
that's how mine came in OR

Well, the NC ones are definitely not laminated. Thanks for the feedback. I'm gonna be asking a sheriff's deputy, very soon. Take care. Tom Worthington

In NY you can't have,,,,,,,,,,,oh $hit in NY you can't have a gun soon. No less a CHL. :cry:

old mossy said:
In NY you can't have,,,,,,,,,,,oh $hit in NY you can't have a gun soon. No less a CHL. :cry:

Even if you jump through all the ridiculous hoops they throw up in front of you? D*mn. I didn't realize it was that far gone. No CHL whatsoever?! D*mn, just d*mn. Take care. Tom Worthington

Tom396 said:
old mossy said:

Even if you jump through all the ridiculous hoops they throw up in front of you? D*mn. I didn't realize it was that far gone. No CHL whatsoever?! D*mn, just d*mn. Take care. Tom Worthington

You can still get one after a long long wait and you better own a business.

I'm not sure but Water Monkey just got some type of pistol permit out be me.

Just a piece of paper here in new hampshire I laminated mine as well! I waited a month when it was surposed to be 14 days to get mine there was a rush of applicants!

Wish NH would adopt the other style CCW Instead would be much easier!

My buddy got his CPL renewed a few months prior to mine. His is paper that that he had to pay extra to get laminated. Mine is printed on plastic, nothing to laminate. There is still a lot of inconsistency from county to county here in both the process and the finished product.

I had mine laminated at Office Max for $0.75. Only one cop has seen it since and he didn't have a problem with it. (Virginia).

Looking back on this..Somewhere, sometime I will bet money that some someone will get arrested for laminating it because it considered an "alteration". Would be BS but I never underestimate the creativity of our lawmakers and enforcers. LOL

Back