1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Less than lethal shotgun

Discussion in 'Tactical And Home Defense' started by GunnyGene, Oct 18, 2014.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Racist old man BANNED

2. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

Lol yep. Expect an increase in civil suits from home invaders vs home owners protecting their families. My baby can't walk right since breaking into your home and taking a non lethal round to the hip. Pay us.
    oli700 likes this.
  3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Holy crap.

Read this post then was out running around after and saw one of these in a pawn shop/gun store. Funny coincidence since I never even knew these existed until today...
  4. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Racist old man BANNED

Walmart sells them also. So you know it's gotta be good.:po_O;)
    LAZY EYED SNIPER likes this.
  5. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Less than lethal shotgun? Oh...I have one. It's called a a paintball gun.
    [​IMG]
    LTB45 and oli700 like this.
  6. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

one time we froze some of my sons paint balls and man those thing were probably lethal, the ones that shot right anyway
    ripjack13 likes this.
  7. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Ha!! i did that and had a lil war with brother and my buddy in his back yard. I snuck a few outa the freezer and toobed em. Oh man...that left a huge welt/bruise on them....I never told em I froze em. they'd kill me. :)
    oli700 likes this.
  8. mbshop

mbshop .270 WIN

I'm just not getting it. whats the point ? if I don't want lethal, I just don't shoot. otherwise with my 500 I have the option of being lethal.
  9. ripjack13

That's the point.....all it's gunna do is bring in "revenue" for scumbag lawyers and scumbag theives.....pretty much scumbags for scumbags.....

It's called home defence....not home pretending.

Stupid idea, would be better suited for drills and practice maneuvers...
  10. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

I too, did not know such a device existed. I guess there is a seat for every ass, some would say... Or was that an ass for every seat? o_O

The only appendages I aim for are the head or between the legs--up or down from center of mass.

I like the paintball marker for a number of reasons, LTL being one of them. Another would be masking of attacking vehicle windows in a defensive sitch...

PS: dead men can't hire lawyers...
    LAZY EYED SNIPER likes this.
  11. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Their families can.

Dead or still alive, a shooting will almost always result in court proceedings.

Less lethal? If one enters a life or death scenario more concerned with the well being of their opponent or the fallout from any resulting legal battle, then they have given up the initiative before the conflict began and the chances of coming out of it alive are severely diminished.

I've said it before, the only "less lethal" option worthy of consideration in my house is a magazine full of 9mm...
    ripjack13 and Water Monkey like this.
  12. Water Monkey

I see what you did there. And I approve.
  13. TJ Johnson

TJ Johnson 20g

Stopping the threat is the point of self defense. Don't see how this can stop a real threat.
    But then again I'm old and don't get some things. :confused:
  14. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Someone needs to tell Nick about this. Hehehehehehehe.
    aksavanaman and LAZY EYED SNIPER like this.
  15. aksavanaman

aksavanaman Work In Progress... Supporter "Philanthropist"

16. ripjack13

Nick?
  17. Water Monkey

18. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Dude, how could you forget this one?
  19. ripjack13

Ah yes......silly me.
  20. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

OR, act as a witness in their own defense... >;-)